• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How do you like your restraints?

Laura

TS Member
Favourite Ride
blue fire Megacoaster
Since the Train Speculation topic for The Smiler has devolved slightly into how we like our restraints, I thought I'd start a topic for it (wasn't sure whether this should go here or Coffee Corner (or indeed the NSFW forum) so please feel free to move it).

Personally, I always pull my restraint down quite far. Despite my 'many years of experience' I still do have a fear of falling out of the train. In recent years I've become a bit more adventurous and have left them looser - but have now found that staff will really go for it if I've left a good gap for them to close and end up stapled to the seat - partly physics and partly H&S paranoia, I suppose.

So I've gone back to my original method of pulling the restraint down til it would require force to click. Seems to be a good way to avoid being totally pinned down but still feeling secure.

Now if you don't mind, I'm in the mood for a bit of Fifty Shades....

Always at least a hands sideways width away from me, but no more than hands span. Although, it does depend. For example, a B&M flyer I would want the restraints close to me- so I don't get flung around- but an old-school woodie, I want the lap bar as far away as possible.

Lightly grilled, with a side of new potatos and a black and blue sauce.

I have them as tight as possible on rides like nemesis and colossus. But on oblivion I have the restraint really loose so I almost fly out! :D On woodies I have the lapbar really loose.

Same as Nick really. I usually try to leave it a bit away on Nemesis and Oblivion for the falling and out of control sensation. I always pull it all the way down on 13, Rita and Air though. 13 because of the drop, Rita because it flings be around like hell and Air because of the flying position. An attendant once did my restraint on Air and basically didn't push it further than the first notch. It was the most terrifying ride on Air I've ever had!

(and also, 200th post! Because I'm sad like that...)

Do people still aim for as many clicks as possible on a Maurer spinner or what? :p

I have the gift of being slim so restraints rarely crush me. Typically I just push the restraints until they make contact and then stop.

When you are fat, or large in other dimensions, you don't really have a choice.

A loose Mack Rides No shoulder High Saftey Restraints are quite possibly the perfect restraint in my opinion.

Safe, Comfortable, Sensational and Techy!

launchcoaster_zug.jpg

But I generally try and make my restraints as loose as possible. Adds to the excitement when you feel like you have nothing to hold you in and you feel like you could just slide out.

On a Maurer spinner as many clicks as possible and a parachute....

I just like comfort, I don't want pinning but I am not stupid enough to want a very loose restraint.

As loose as possible. I always sit forwards and position myself in a way that the op can't force it any tighter on me, then slide back into the seat to give myself a load of room. If it's a lap bar I put my hands under it and get a whole fist's worth of extra space. It's great.

Unless it's a Maurer or a US Intamin, is which case I can't be secure enough.

The only time I've been genuinely scared by having a loose restraint was probably rush... mainly because it took me by surprise, I tried the 2 click (or 3?) challenge, I think it's the absolute minimum you need to pull it down for the ride to register safe...

I felt like almost slipping out on the air time... was amazing and terrifying!

On B&M's I like to leave a gap, because during the ride the restraint tends to get pushed down by sheer force anyway and it also leaves room for airtime. On Intamin's it's usually as tight as is comfortable as I'm not as much a fan of their restraints.

B&M OTSR's nicely snug, not crushing.

lapbars need to be nice and loose unless it is on a crazy coaster. Woodie lapbars need to be very loose.

Went on Air today with slightly loose bars and got the bump in the seat inserted up ze rear. Was NOT pleasant.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I like mine loose on all rides.

Spinball, loose, is downright terrifying. I winded myself when flung right into the bar on my latest trip which has put me off the ride.
Th13teen I love having it quite high up, by sitting forward in my seat I achieve it rather high, and on the drop I come right out my seat. Love it.

Everything else is somewhat enjoyable loose and I'd never do it tight. Oblivion and Nemesis actually allow me to stretch my foot to my mouth for the photo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also had a Nemmy restraint today 2 clicks out compared to usual.....worked until after the first element where it decided to click itself further down.