• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hunted

Jonathan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Helix <3
I've been meaning to start a topic on the issues in Russia regarding homosexuality for a while now, and given what's been shown on Channel 4 tonight, feel that the time has come.

With the lead-up to the Winter Olympics starting on Friday, and the World Cup coming to Russia in four years' time, Russia is under intense scrutiny from the world's media, and their disgusting treatment of members of the LGBT community has become all too clear. They are hunted for sport, beaten, treated in some of the vilest ways imaginable - and the authorities don't seem to care. Rather, they seem to be encouraging it, what with gay 'propaganda' being prohibited if under 18s may view it. Which basically covers everything, including the internet. That's my take on it.

I'd be very interested to hear what you all think about the situation in Russia. As it stands, I will not be watching a single second of the Winter Olympics (apart from if it appears in the news, as that's a bit more unavoidable), and if the situation fails to improve - which is quite likely - then I will be applying the same policy to the World Cup in 2018.

Kill them all.
(The homophobic idiots in power round the world. Not the gays. Obviously)

I'll be watching the Winter Olympics and the World Cup, as a boycott wouldn't harm Russia but would harm my enjoyment of the sport.

DiogoJ42 said:
Not watching the telly will make zero difference to anything.

If no one watched it, it would.

I'm not watching it either, human rights abuses and animal slaughter? I cannot actually enjoy the sport when it's set against that backdrop.

Watching the ceremony a bit earlier, I just wanted to punch the tele.