• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2018

I still think it's a bleeding rip off. Could spend £100 there within couple of hrs very easily. And for anyone from the North (me) or not a stone's throw from London....you've got travel and accommodation costs to factor in. It's what always puts me off visiting. I can go to Phantasialand or Efteling for what it would cost to visit WW.
If you're not a credit hunter you probably only want to ride Olympia Looping, Wilde Mays and maybe Ice Mountain. I wonder how the prices compare to Oktoberfest. If you're in London, Olympia Looping is definitely worth the £9 at least once and obviously it's not something you'll be able to ride cheaper anywhere else AFAIK

I have ridden it at Düsseldorf‘s Rheinkirmes where it was €6 a ride. So even in Germany the status of the fair dictates the price.

A quick Google suggests Winter Wonderland totals 3 million visitors and Oktoberfest 6 million.

You'd assume the set up costs are a lot higher in Hyde Park, and they get less potential riders over a larger period of time.

Surprised they don't charge more for Looping tbh.

So, aside from olympia and the other decent coasters, what other rides are worth doing? I went a couple of years ago but focused on the coasters and would like to try some of the flat rides this time (I did do hangover last time though. Never again)

So, aside from olympia and the other decent coasters, what other rides are worth doing? I went a couple of years ago but focused on the coasters and would like to try some of the flat rides this time (I did do hangover last time though. Never again)
Breakdance is the best one there IMO.

Ski Jump is well worth a go to for a more extreme thrill.

Breakdance is the best one there IMO.

Ski Jump is well worth a go to for a more extreme thrill.
I did look for breakdance last time but I couldn't find it, and unless it has a different name, it's not listed for this year.

Ski Jump looked fun, just ran out of time so I might give that a go this year, thanks.

I did look for breakdance last time but I couldn't find it, and unless it has a different name, it's not listed for this year.

Ski Jump looked fun, just ran out of time so I might give that a go this year, thanks.
Breakdance is usually over the back near the drop tower and ice rink, and much more fun after beers. It's incredibly forceful and you usually get a really long cycle.

I think Ski Jump is the same ride as "Rock Rage". I speak from experience, only ride this if you have a very strong stomach.
Yep it's Rock Rage , absolutely bonkers ride.

We are going to WW on Friday. I’ve never been before. How much are the rides? I’m not a big flat lover so mainly the coasters?

Basically anything thrilling is at least £7 (that includes the coasters that aren't kiddie ones and most flats). Munich Looping is the most at £10 or so.

It's usually £6 for maus xxl style and £9 for Munich looper, or that's what it says on their website.

Based on previous years, for any major attraction, expect to pay at least £7. If you are only going for coasters, get the coaster pass because you do get £5 free credit

I couldn’t find any prices on the website. Just a coaster pass

They must have changed it then because it was in that section about the coaster pass where example prices were listed, I bet Munich Looper will be £12 now lol.