• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: General Discussion

The worst thing with paid entry is if you don't live inside the m25 you really need to plan your trip down well in advance with an almost surgical precision. I went last year and by the time the day we went the day we'd prebooked for was sold out, so if you've got a last minute need to be in London and think you can fit in a few hours it seriously restricts your chances of that. Just glad I'd not booked anything as it was tempting to go down for Hollenblitz this year.

Olympia Looping was at Weiner Prater in Vienna earlier this year, maybe it might just be better to try and find out when it’s back there and take a quick weekend trip for it, probably be cheaper than heading down to London for Winter Wonderland and doing a few rides.

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat in the can't be bothered without Blitz ring too. As much as I hate prebook (even living relatively close I don't want to commit to a 2 hour window of arrival in advance), I do understand it. Queues used to get insane sometimes, it was impractical and having that many people unmanaged before security check quite a big safety risk.

Buwalda had a spinning mouse last year along with Ewald Schenieder bringing Heidi The Coaster

I'm going for the first time this year, any idea if I'll fit on Munich/Olympia looping I'm 6'6 and a fairly big build.

I'm going for the first time this year, any idea if I'll fit on Munich/Olympia looping I'm 6'6 and a fairly big build.
Can't find any info on a max height restriction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has a 2 metre restriction like a lot of coasters due to its compact nature. Your best bet is to contact the event or ask at the paybooth at the ride.

Admittedly, things could have changed since the 2019 event, but Olympia has a 1.95m (~6’5”) maximum height restriction, from memory. I think the minimum is 1.4m (~4’7”).

So I’m afraid that you likely wouldn’t be allowed on if they are stringent with checking the maximum height restriction. Assuming you wore regular shoes, you’d likely be over 2m if they measured you, so you’d clear the max height by a fair bit, I’m afraid. There is a chance they might not be too stringent with the maximum height restriction checking (I was told that unlike the minimum, the maximum is often more of a guideline than a concrete limit, so it’s checked less often).

I can’t say I’m surprised given how tight the legroom in the cars is… from memory, Olympia’s cars are not dissimilar to the back car on Colossus at Thorpe, where there’s relatively little legroom. For clarity, I’m around 5’9.5” (1.77m), and my legs were quite tightly squeezed in on Olympia, from memory.

So the 2022 map is out. No air again it seems and also no airborne.

Anyone know of either ride?

update..apparently the map only shows pre bookable rides. Air won't be back as it is attending its own event, guess it can make.more money that way. Apparently airborne is due back for 2022.
Screenshot_20221103-180216_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
I think the minimum is 1.4m (~4’7”).
The minimum height restriction is actually 1.3m (roughly 4 foot 3) for anyone who this concerns.

On Facebook, there is an account called Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Unofficial, who posts loads of updates and pictures. He usually has a full list of all the rides attending on there too, but I can’t seem to see it?! Can anyone else see the full ride list?

On Facebook, there is an account called Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Unofficial, who posts loads of updates and pictures. He usually has a full list of all the rides attending on there too, but I can’t seem to see it?! Can anyone else see the full ride list?
The 2021 list post has been edited this year rather than a new one being created for some reason.

From: https://www.facebook.com/hydeparkwinterwonderlandunofficial/posts/pfbid0m4g5JAD4pQCroCTroXwpyjL171rfkYTbxHeS7tEj3ABD22LXAV8zWAiLnZBjn2vel

No idea why I couldn’t find this list on the page. I don’t actually use Facebook anymore and don’t even know my password or anything for it so maybe not being logged in had something to do with it?!

Anyway who cares. Thank you for posting this! :)

Time Machine looks bloody boring.

Possibly a bigger waste of £8 than snoozefest Heidi. A big claim to fame.

Somebody ought to tell these showmen that you can transport other types of coaster.

Failing that, even a travelling Maurer spinner would be a marked improvement.

I still find it confusing that there are two rides with XXL in their name, but both of them are good rides at least! 😃