• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: General Discussion

I didnt think they would do it again yet its a cash cow they loved im sure. We have dates committed yet they are after its open so can see line up. Olympia looping featured in today's promotional video

It's on the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland website as new for 2022.
Ah yes, you're right. Excellent news! Looks like Dr Archibald is back (not that anyone cares about that), a new fun house and "Discovery", if anyone knows what that is?

Now, what's the chances there'll be not insignificant price hikes across the board this year?

Ah yes, you're right. Excellent news! Looks like Dr Archibald is back (not that anyone cares about that), a new fun house and "Discovery", if anyone knows what that is?

Now, what's the chances there'll be not insignificant price hikes across the board this year?
Think it's this!

Discovery-WEB-e1614258402137.jpg

Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t Hollenblitz another fairly significant travelling coaster? Not quite as significant as Olympia, but up there?

Apologies if that’s a slightly stupid question; I’m not quite as knowledgeable about the travelling fair scene…

Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t Hollenblitz another fairly significant travelling coaster? Not
Yes it is, and it's great fun! I do wonder if this will replace anything this year or be an addition. Hopefully one of the countless bog standard wild mice if so.

Yes it is, and it's great fun! I do wonder if this will replace anything this year or be an addition. Hopefully one of the countless bog standard wild mice if so.
That’s very exciting news, then! I may have to think about another visit to HPWW, in that case…

Hopefully it does replace one of the Reverchon wild mice, if it needs to replace anything. I did notice on my visit to the 2019 event that HPWW was rather saturated with wild mouse coasters; they had Wilde Maus XXL and the inverted mouse (Euro Coaster… I don’t actually know if you’d even call it a wild mouse, to be honest), which were somewhat different to your average one, but they had not 1, but 2 bog standard Reverchon mouse coasters with the exact same layout…

Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t Hollenblitz another fairly significant travelling coaster? Not quite as significant as Olympia, but up there?

Apologies if that’s a slightly stupid question; I’m not quite as knowledgeable about the travelling fair scene…
Just 600 tons and 30 trucks, tiny really in the grand scheme of things 😂.

It’s nice to see it coming to the UK though, it’s been years since I’ve managed to ride it now so looking forward to heading down at some point in December!

Big shame that it's not heading over, although sadly no huge surprise either. Getting 29 trucks over here and back, the fuel costs in the UK, as well as the visa requirements for the staff will be an astonishing cost. Even with Winter Wonderland prices, it soon becomes a venture with potentially very little profit.

Even in Germany, the ride has travelled less and less. Oktoberfest and Dusseldorf are pretty much the two fairs it does now, and its longer term stay at Wiener Prater really showed how it's difficult to make any money from such a huge ride travelling these days.

I rode it at Hamburg Spring Dom this year.

But I thought it was pretty naff.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

It was novel because it was transportable, but not a hugely entertaining ride.

I didn't ride it as Magic Mountain but it was cool as Star World (I think that was its name).

That makes my decision on whether to return to Winter Wonderland this year then.

Simply not worth the costs without a significant new attraction.