• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

I don't understand men!

Rose Of Dawn

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
This ones aimed at the guys of the forum, as they can hopefully help me with something.

So, I met a guy last night. He's cute, sweet, intelligent...really what I'm looking for! We chat for a bit, and before he goes home he asks if I would be interested in meeting him for lunch sometime (as we work near each other). We exchange numbers. We also agree to meet before going to a comedy night (we were both going anyway).

So tonight, we meet up beforehand. He'd been texting me all day about it. He buys me drinks all night, and we talk a lot. We are having a pretty good night. When the event ends, we walk to the tube station and get on the same train. I get off at Tottenham Court Road to get on the Northern line. But when the train pulls into the station, all he says is he'll see me later. There was no hug or kiss or anything.

Now, I understand that the trains don't stay long in the station. But why was there no physical contact? The way I had been reading him, he seemed to like me. But why didn't I get a hug at least? Hell, even a handshake would have done! (Ok, maybe not...)

Was I reading him wrong? Guys, do his actions sound like someone that wants to be friends? Or maybe there's some attraction? Help, I'm confused!

I've spent 27 years trying to understand them. Nope, still no luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think he might have been a bit shy. I would be like this as well if I was with a Girl I liked

Eddie said:
I think he might have been a bit shy. I would be like this as well if I was with a Girl I liked

Yeah, I think he might have thought it was too soon for physical contact or might have just felt a little nervous when it came to it. You're probably reading too much into it, shyness is difficult to predict and this sounds like it.

Its a first date, so don't read too deeply into it. Just see what happens over the next few weeks.
as he may be shy, he may not want to come on too strongly too soon or he is not looking for a girlfriend?

at the moment, its an unknown.

Depends on the person, not all men are the same, not all woman are the same. Make physical contact with him, stroke his arm or something, essentially telling him it's ok for contact/ you are interested and see how it goes. Some people are not all confident and will feel awkward about going for a hug. Give it time, see if anything happens.

The problem is, we don't know what's going on in his head as we are not him. He may very well be thinking exactly the same as you are now and you wouldn't even know it! :p

My advice just chillax see how it goes.

Maybe he didn't want to come across as a creep? Or didn't want to scare you off? He could just be that much of a nice guy that he dare not even touch you without explicit permision. If so, that's a good thing. It means he likes you ;)

Your guy sounds like how I normally act when going out with someone for the first time. :p

He was most likely shy, or just didn't want to be too forward for a first date. It's very normal for someone to be like that. You've got to take other things into considerations too. Do you know anything about his past? He may have had a bad run in with women before, so may be a bit more reserved than he wants to be (not his fault, just a natural way of acting after a bad past). He may even be just a very nice guy who doesn't believe in being too forward on a first date.

Not all men make the first move too. He could be on another forum with a "I don't understand women!" topic with the same as you have written. :p

No one can really define why he didn't make a move. But from what I can gather reading your post, he's shown an interest, he likes you, he's a nice guy - just go with the flow. If he's anything like me, he either likes you and is shy, or likes you and is simply a gentleman (they do exist!) and doesn't want to be too forward or creep you out. I'd say keep talking to him, try a few more dates and enjoy getting to know each other, things will go on from there then. :)

GaryH said:
Has he been in touch today? I wouldnt worry too much - its early days!

Not yet, but it's still early in the morning. Hope he texts later :)

Maybe he's just looking for (non physical) friendship, and you totally misread his body language? :p

I don't really know what else to say really. Everyone's got different styles when it comes to dating, maybe you should go in to hug him next time your together, and see how he reacts? :)

He might just have been nervous!!! Boys are like that :3
If you meet up again and STILL no contact, then ask him what his deal is!!!! :twirly:

If and when you meet up again, give him a hug straight off. There's a fair chance he's been thinking: 'I should have hugged or kissed her' since you went out. This will immediately get rid of any potential Elephant in the room.

And don't worry, we don't understand girls at all.