• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

IAAPA Expo 2018

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Isn't it scary just how quickly the year flies by? It is that week of the year, one of the biggest in the attractions industry, the IAAPA Expo.

The Trade Show floor opens today and runs through to Friday. There is also a huge schedule of press events where we can expect plenty of annoucements. Some of the events that may be of more interest than others:

Today (Tuesday):
  • Premier Rides
  • Dynamic Attractions
  • S&S/Kennywood
Wednesday
  • Sansei Technologies
  • Gravity Group
Thursday
  • Intamin
I'll be trying to keep an eye on things acorss social media, but do feel free to post anything and everything from IAAPA in to this thread!

GCI are showing off a model with features some steel supports along with a new train design:

015_456.jpg

thumb_017_444.jpg

Meanwhile B&M are showing off a lead car from Valkyria complete with Liseberg rabbits:

thumb_006_526.jpg

And it looks like Premier are set to reveal a robotic coaster coming to a Wanda park which makes use of Kuka arms:

003_540.jpg

Source for all info - Theme Park Review

Yummy! Looks tasty; I'm sure that the ride will be just as tasty in 2019!

The new GCI train is called the Infinity Flyer, and it looks to be designed for inversions with the individual seats.

The model features interlocking barrel rolls as well as the steel structure too:

Very exciting stuff, seems that GCI are trying to compete with RMC and the Gravity Group with this new design!

I love Wickerman but that model would have been some ride-wish they built something like that instead. Probably would fit in that space as well (if you take the whole flume site into consideration)

Some more bits and bobs from IAAPA yesterday!

The lead car for the Kentucky Flyer was revealed:

Dynamic Attractions have revealed a Duel Power Coaster which features track hidded below a 'raod surface', with ride vehicles sitting on a motion platform. The cars feature wheels attached to a separate power drive which makes “capable of doing spin-outs, drifting, air time and other racing moves”:

Skyline Attractions have revealed the awful vehicles for Tidal Twister at SeaWorld San Diego:

Speaking of awful ride vehicles, here's a look at the new trains for a Zamplerla Thunderbolt coaster that has been sold:

And finally, we were given a sneak preview of Alton Towers' 2020 addition:

Some more bits and bobs from IAAPA yesterday!

The lead car for the Kentucky Flyer was revealed:

Dynamic Attractions have revealed a Duel Power Coaster which features track hidded below a 'raod surface', with ride vehicles sitting on a motion platform. The cars feature wheels attached to a separate power drive which makes “capable of doing spin-outs, drifting, air time and other racing moves”:

...Redacted due media limits...

And finally, we were given a sneak preview of Alton Towers' 2020 addition:

After reading this I went and had a look for a video demo of the Dynamic Attraction coaster. The concept looks very interesting, especially with the different customization options.

Personally I would love to see an AR Jurassic Park escape the T-Rex launch coaster or even a Mario Kart Rainbow Road :D That's thinking what Universal could do with the project.

Finally an upgrade to Forbidden Sweep, is it going in the NST building:p?

The ride system does look incredible, however Dynamic Attractions have announced ambitious ride systems in the past that have not really ever materialised. Their SFX coaster seems to have been a flop and the one that has been build at Ferarri World still has not opened.

This new Duel Power Coaster does seem perferfect for some of Universal's Mario themed rides. But would it be revealed at IAAPA if Universal were building them? I'm not so sure.

Good point Rob, I forgot about the SFX coaster. I do think this concept has more appeal to buyers than SFX. It seems the type of ride every park could have and it wouldn't always feel like a clone. Lets hope Dynamic Attractions deliver this time.

Oh absolutely, that was pure day dreaming on my part.

I'd imagine one of the main problems with these incredible looking Dynamic Attractions concepts is the cost of the product. They must be very expensive meaning that only major parks with serious financial backing can afford them. They also need to be well themed to be fully utilised.

Coaster Studios have a good interview with Alan Schilke of RMC:

Some interesting stuff in there, not least that they wanted to sell Raptor clones as that makes them more money yet parks already want bigger varients. And RMC have a new concept that is inbetween Raptor and TRex track that we are likely to see before a TRex.

Indidently, TRex coasters are really for when a park wants to go about 300ft. Now an RMC that huge will be epic!