• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

I’d like to apologise

@Matt N please don't leave this forum or post any less, your optimistic outlook is a breath of fresh air amongst the modern, cynical theme park enthusiasts. You remind me of what we all used to be like 10-15 years ago.

You be you, and don't ever apologize for it :)

Agreed your positivity is great. I wish I had it but unfortunately I have been beaten down by day to day morons that don’t mean s**t.

I hope the current climate has made lots of ppl realise what is important. Not work, not social media likes but family and friend close to you.

It’s good to talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself, I’ve always been a miserable cynic, as I reckon have a few others on here... (young Diogo, a happy always-optimistic breath of fresh air? Nahh...)

You raise a good point actually, I can't imagine Diogo has ever been any different :p although I'm sure he used to visit AT a lot more often!

There's no need to apologise Matt, I admire your optimism on this forum. In times where some may feel low or cynical it's refreshing to have a positive outlook.

As others have said people will have different opinions and that's the joy of a debate, you can disagree but laugh about it five minutes later. It doesn't have to be heated. Theme parks are an interest of mine but outside of that I have a huge interest in music. Me and my best mates have disagreements all the time about which band is better, etc. It can feel like a personal attack especially when it's something you're passionate about. But we're still best mates by the end of it, nothing changes there. Discussion is good for others perspectives.

Just try to steer the conversation away or perhaps just leave it if you feel it's gone too personal or it's getting you down, that'd be my advice. Keep up your posts Matt, you seem like a good guy that has a huge passion for theme parks. Positivity definitely isn't a bad thing to have!

I totally echo what's already been said, don't feel like you have to apologise for being yourself! Others have already said it much better than me

You say this forum has become a big part of your life. Honestly I remember being on forums like these when I was a young teenager and I really regretted the amount of time I would spend on it. Maybe it's an idea to take a step back and not take things on here too personally? It did a world of good to have a break and it made my enjoyment of theme parks better, and a whole lot of other more important things out there.

It's not real interaction with people after all, it's just posts and discussion on a website. It's a good website for that, much better than a lot of social media theme park discussion, but you'll be missing out on the real world if you spend too much time every day on here!

In the end, it's only meant for fun and interest in theme parks, don't let it become too personal for you :)
But of course, you can do whatever you like, don't feel like you need to apologise!