• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ideas?

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
We may not be travelling back to Europa next year due to my travel buddies finances and I'm happy to wait another year until they can #blankcheque for Roland and we can do the Hopping Pass and holiday in style.

So, we've done Portaventura and Phantasialand, where next? It would need to be accessible by airport or at least relatively close for public transport. There is the option of potentially driving whilst out there via hire car but the driver is relatively new to passing their test.

We'd be looking to spend 3-5 days and are in no rush to hammer the park, we managed 5 days at Phatasia and loved it.

Any ideas for a European themepark holiday?

For a trip that length, the ones that immediately popped into my mind were;

Liseberg - Smack in the middle of Gothenburg, so easy to get to and cheap flights.
Efteling - Little trickier to get to from airport but easily doable. You could also maybe hire a car and drive an hour, to spend a day at Toverland. (Walibi Holland is also a decent park and within driving distance.)
Madrid - Combine Parque warner, Parque D'Attractiones and some sightseeing, all easy to do by public transport.

Sure there are other options too :)

I was just looking at Efteling to be honest, their new Treehouses for 2017 look awesome - 3 Nights for 4 people B&B and unlimited access to the park - £688 total. It shows just how disgustingly over-priced Alton's are.