• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

If the Enterprise were to suddenly lose power

Natalie I was joking about bribing the op, I know the members on here would not try to get an e stop for fun.

You shouldn't E-Stop Enterprise if it's above 45 degrees in the air - this is only to be done if Tech Services and managers are present. It will cut power to the ride, and the centrifugal forces that are making the cars spin out would cease, and the cars would fall back down on their axis and cause a few bumped heads!

There are other ways to bring it down if required. A power cut when it's up in the air would cause a similar effect of bumped heads.

Obviously I don't know about all versions of the Huss Enterprise, but Towers' one comes down automatically if any of the car doors come open mid-ride. The ride can't start unless they're all locked and once that circuit is broken mid-air, it defaults by lowering itself no matter what point of the ride. Definitely not an E-Stop situation. :)

I operated the Towers one for two seasons, and only needed to hit the E-Stop once, when it failed to brake automatically (and when I tried, manually) once reaching 0 degrees. Power was cut, the cars dropped slightly back down so they were vertical and the ride slowed to a stop over a few minutes.

Thanks I was interested in knowing what the procedure was if it were at maximum upright position.

The ride would stop spinning, so the cars would drop down and start free-swinging as shown on the video on Page 2 of this topic. As power has been cut, the lifting boom would also be out of action, but the beauty of Enterprise is that the sheer weight of it would slowly bring it down anyway. :)

Yeah the potential for injury - people falling within the cars - was what I was getting at.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

? ^ enclosed car swings a bit, doesn't sound the MOST exciting experience in the world, surely there's a ride around that does it a bit better. ;D

Didn't we already have a ride that did that in the form of tri-star?

Tristar01_small.jpg

Now operating at Pleasurewood Hills as Tide Traveller!

Nipping back to the awful video of the one on fire, would it not be better to keep it spinning at full so people would fly through the flames fast for only a second? It's be like the whipping your hand over a candle effect surely?