• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

If this forum existed in 1994,what would we be saying about the SW3 Plans?

Apparently they're painting this coaster white. How cheap and tacky is that going to look?

What's wrong with a nice grey track?

Bloody hell, Alton Towers are getting one of these new B&Ms. That Batman inverted coaster opened in the USA last year and there's a massive new one opening at Busch Gardens in Tampa. It's amazing that the UK is getting one of these so soon, I hope it lives up to the hype.

:)

A friend of mines dad that works at Tussauds told us that the ride would have 12 loops, will go 100mph and will go across the valley. I can't give his name away in case he gets in trouble but he has seen the plans and reckons that it will be built underground and will feature new technology from Nintendo. Nintendo will supply virtual boy headsets to the riders and a controller shoot aliens on the way around.

It doesn't sound real to me, I can't see VR becoming a thing. 3D is where it is at.

A friend of mines dad that works at Tussauds told us that the ride would have 12 loops, will go 100mph and will go across the valley. I can't give his name away in case he gets in trouble but he has seen the plans and reckons that it will be built underground and will feature new technology from Nintendo. Nintendo will supply virtual boy headsets to the riders and a controller shoot aliens on the way around.

It doesn't sound real to me, I can't see VR becoming a thing. 3D is where it is at.

And the VR will be in red and black?! Not riding this.

And the VR will be in red and black?! Not riding this.

That's what I've heard but rumours are rumour, I know it's outrageous. Apparently he said it all hinges on whether they can get out a deal to have Sonic in the new boat ride. Don't know how true it is though.

Reactions: Ted
Well. After waiting 30 mins for this forum to load after two people phoned, after finally locating the right floppy disk to load the world wide web from i can finally now comment at the this nice new ride thats going open.

First of all, its simply not big enough. Have you seen the one they are building in blackpool. you could high five someone stood on top the Blackpool tower. Fair enough that Alton cant build that high, but come on if there digging down, you might aswell did a little further and build something higher. although having your feet dangling could be an improvement to the rollercoaster world. I can see why they have done that, try and make something boring slightly more exciting, but it will only be a gimmick.

Lets hope they do somethong with the surrounding area. and not just did a hole, put a coaster and leave it. I hope this Wardley chap keeps up his good work from before. Tom Baker sholuld be brought in to do a backstory?

that wardly bloke has been on tomorrows world with a electrical puppet, I am worried they will be robots in the pit.
I was on site the other day and they have what look to be a armoured troop transporter with a amstrad sky dish stick to the roof, It looks stupid. I hope that is not the standard of the theming for the ride

Look at all of those fences around that hole. What parent will let their kids play about near a hole??? More bloody fences??

Just bought shares in this 'Microsoft' company, wish me luck!

This ride will be a gimmick and wont last more than 5 years.

If anything that guy in the vest is enthusiastic enough about it. But the run away mine train might be his peak at the park.

I missed the second half of Noels House Party to fire up the Amstrad for this?!?!

Well there's no way this tiny new coaster by a manufacturer no one has ever heard of will be anything as good as that massive new Blackpool project.

That's as delusional as thinking those telly manufacturers, Sony, will make any kind of dent on the mighty Sega Saturn with that PlayStation kid toy think they're releasing next year. That'll never catch on, I'll bet my best shell suit on it!

If only no limits existed in 1994 we could see that SW3 would have an exciting layout whilst that arrow thing at BPB looks alright. Fortunately for 2018 we do have that luxury and the tides seem to have turned but only time will tell:)

"Tom Baker will provide the narration for the back story" Oh for God sake I hate Doctor Who!