• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

I'm a "Celebrity"...

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
I'm a Z-Lister... Get me back on television returns (somehow) for it's 12th series with it's most meh-ish line up in history. The only reality show, which is viewable to cringe at the talentless suffer.

David Haye is the only one I really recognize and whom is really a household name. So good job ITV, nice step backwards. The abysmal lineup can be viewed here.

http://www.itv.com/imacelebrity/celebrities/

And try not to spread into a offtopic debate about the problems with ITV and reality tv after at least the 1st episode which starts this Sunday. This is the apparent teenage Bible for winter. So try to enjoy kangaroo anus.

This show is, quite honestly, one of the most pointless things in existence. Yes, it may have been good for the first few seasons, but look at one thing that came out of it - Katie Price and Peter Andre. *shudders* It should've died a long time ago, and the fact that people call this trash 'entertainment' is completely beyond me.

That lineup is dire.

I thought this show had gone the same way as Big Brother..?

The difference is that nobody watches Big Brother (which is still on air) but millions tune into this. Ant & Dec are the only redeeming feature anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I hate this show.

But to be fair, bar one or two I had to look up, I know them all.

They've been pretty decent celebrities in the past, but the money these shows pay out, I cannot blame them for taking part! Especially some of the bigger names.

They absolutely rake it in.

That's first hand information by the way, not speculation.

It's completely misleading anyway, the way the location is portrayed. It's shown as being the middle of the jungle, miles away from civilisation - an effect exacerbated by the fixed cameras. In actual fact, the location is barely a mile away from towns and main roads and is in a National Park. The on-site crews and official people are in buildings within sight of the contestants but never shown on camera. While it sometimes appears as though they are exposed to the elements, at night sheets are drawn over the camp to prevent it raining on them all night.

They all get paid large sums to appear on this, and the whole thing is essentially a dressed up, overhyped farce.

Usually I can't stand I'm a Celeb, however there are a few C-Listers i'm vaguely interested in watching, namely Helen Flangan (from Corrie), and Colin Baker (from Doctor Who). In fact, the line-up isn't too cringeworthy with the exception of one dire MP and one 'dramatised reality' Z-lister.

It's better than Big Brother and TOWIE anyhow! :p

Should be useful having Eric Bristow there, should you need to go hunting :D

Between all the reality TV shows, I'm a Celeb is the only one I have time for (at a push). It's something different from the standard fare of singing or throwing a bunch of people in a house with cameras.

I think it's Ant and Dec who make it, though.

I've never got into I'm A Celebrity. I've always found it kinda boring - not from a whole 'reality TV is stupid' kinda way way, but just that the celebrities they have aren't particularly interesting. From this line-up I've heard of David Haye and Nadine Dorries, and the girl who played Rosie from Corrie. Seems lacklustre, but the shows been going on for so long I'm not surprised they have ran out.

*waits to be attacked for saying something positive*

I really enjoy I'm a Celeb. It's one of the reality shows I not only bother making the effort to watch, but I watch it live each night too. It's one of those shows I've kept with for years and will probably never switch off from (unless it goes how Big Brother went...). The line up this year I think is pretty decent, far far better than last years line up for sure. So they've improved in that respect.

The only things that let it down is keeping the larger parts of the format the same. Such as having two camps at the start and introducing two new celebs a few days into the show. Those two things I'd like to see scrapped next year (if it returns of course).

Other than that the small changes with their entrance into the jungle I'm pleased with and the 'Dingo Dollar Challenge' is nice to see (even if it is the exact same as the Celeb Chest just dressed up). Ant and Dec make the show for me still. I just honestly hope that they don't leave one day and we have a similar thing that happened to big brother with losing an iconic presenter in favour for some z-lister that can't go through the alphabet in order.

I have binned it this year, watched the first one when that dopey Helen spending all of ten seconds in the hole in the ground and thought sod this. It amazes me that people go on there, and then act like they are so pathetic? Pretty sure its a lot of acting!! surely by now people know whats going to happen on there? its just lost something for me since they started putting people in there just so their careers could get a boost, and I only know Linda whats her face this year, and shes hardly a ray of sunshine! Always looks so grumpy??
Its also become so obvious that if you show any sign of weakness the public will continue to vote for you..? People have become cruel.. so I shall not continue to watch it..
Sorry rant over lol

I'm also quite fond of I'm a Celebrity. I couldn't care less about the actual people involved, they could be members of the public for all I know about most of them. I enjoy the trials and challenges and the tone overall. I wouldn't be particularly bothered if they ditched the 'reality' element although they do tend to pick out a lot of humor from those segments, rather than too much 'confrontation' that most reality shows are obsessed with.