• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Would be nice to get some dark rides on the Smiler in before the end of the season. Great view from the top of the lifts when it's proper dark. Bagsy 2nd or 3rd row though...... ;)

We've all been on it many times but that doesn't change the fact that a horrific and almost fatal accident occurred.

Call me psychic but somehow I don't think the majority of visitors will be fighting over the front or back seats.

The front and back rows are the best! The back has higher forces, and the front is... the front!

I will always try to get on the back row of any ride (don't normally wait for the front). I've only been on the front of the smiler once (my last ride (a week before) the crash) it was amazing, a new experience, being able to see the track run under your feet is amazing. Would DEFINATLY do it again when it opens

We've all been on it many times but that doesn't change the fact that a horrific and almost fatal accident occurred.

Call me psychic but somehow I don't think the majority of visitors will be fighting over the front or back seats.
I live at number 13 and as I say it will be super tight when it opens and as we all know there has been no issues for such a long time, I'm sure it will be safe

No reason why they cant run the trains with weighted front seats. It will reduce capacity sure, but if people really do avoid the front row - and we won't know that until the ride re-opens - it would be the easy option. I think its overkill but if it gave the public a sense of security...

The public are fickle. I guarantee that once re-opened, any minor breakdown will make the media for the first couple of occasions. After then it will fade into the background.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.