• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
How would you walk the track on oblivion? Although I think someone is inspecting the joints because in both pictures they are around intersections of track. It probably has to be done in certain time scales as they are weaker parts.
They probably use harnesses or some sort of cherry picker

Would they still do track walks on a SBNO coaster though. To me, this means something, wether that means reopening, or just maintenance i don't know, but this isn't usual.

still think FHT opening (at earliest) unless we see anything major happen before the start of october

The fact that they are doing this now and not in the closed season is interesting to me. Really hoping it means Towers are looking to get the re-opening of The Smiler out of the way as soon as possible.

:)

I honestly didn't expect them to be opening it this season but I would put money on it now being open for scarefest! Maybe even within the next 2-3 weeks.

Something that hasn't really been said, is it more likely to be opened in the time between scarefest and fireworks?

I was just thinking that it may not have as much pr. Of course it will have more gain if it's opened with lots of people in the park, but the losses may worse.

I was just thinking that it may not have as much pr. Of course it will have more gain if it's opened with lots of people in the park, but the losses may worse.

"Losses may worse" if they open for scarefest?

I was thinking, when the ride reopens it will likely receive attention from the press, that's a given. But if they can open it this season, even if it's with only 2 weeks left, isn't it better to just get it open, get the negative PR out of the way, then next season they can flow into a complete fresh start with a full ride line up. Also by that time a lot of the public will have probably forgotten about the crash, while if they reopen it at the start of March, all the press will come gathering back and could lead to a poor 2016 season as well in terms of figures.

I think this means it will open this season.

Why else would the track be inspected now (and not closed season) when it would have to be done again over closed season again anyway.

Does anyone know how long it would take gerst to make 2 new trains? Because if they ordered them a week or 2 after the accident it has been three months they could well have one or two trains ready by now and they might receive them in the next couple of days and that is why they are walking the track so they can test their new train and maybe get it open soon. Might be wrong though

"Losses may worse" if they open for scarefest?
Sorry I know that makes no sense. I meant that it will potentially turn people away for scarefest.

I still think this season will be better, I'm just saying it would be risky to open it on one of their main events

There is a lot of unknown veriable to the reopening date. They may have a new train in the next week, and open with 4 whist the fifth is competed and tested. I wonder if they will open it before scarefest to limit the media damage to scarefest and fireworks. Leaving 2016 free of crash related media stories.

I think this means it will open this season.

Why else would the track be inspected now (and not closed season) when it would have to be done again over closed season again anyway.

Lets not get carried away too soon, I for one would love this to be true but this inspection of the track could have been for a number of reasons other than re-opening. It could have been the HSE for all we know but like i fay I have my fingers crossed!! I'd love it to be open for scarefest or hopefully the end of the month when I go!

I think that they have to open before or after scarefest or the media will have a field day with it opening during the event but for pr I would open it after scarefest so it doesn't effect the event and when it will be quiet anyway so wont effect numbers.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.