• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Actually, you're only covered if you take reasonable precautions. The signs do not mitigate entirely themselves.

That's true, you couldn't just put a sign up you have to put a fence etc up too because there will always be someone who will do it anyway!

I think everyone is leaving it until Friday ;) Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean..know what I mean... :)

I'm only playing, I know nothing.
Oh my goodness me! I heard it was gonna be Sunday so made a visit just in case it was and it wasnt. :(
yeah like it was gonna be, but hey it might.
Now I have to go on Friday...
Not that it'll be running but... oh the joys if it is :D

Oh my goodness me! I heard it was gonna be Sunday so made a visit just in case it was and it wasnt. :(
yeah like it was gonna be, but hey it might.
Now I have to go on Friday...
Not that it'll be running but... oh the joys if it is :D

If you go Friday it will be running Sunday...

Anybody been there today?

Yep, no testing of any kind. Trains stacked in the station with work being done seemingly on the wheels/wheel covers for part of the day. Also a lot of work going on in the pit around the base of the supports for the part of the track that leads from the airtime hill into the batwing.

Yep, no testing of any kind. Trains stacked in the station with work being done seemingly on the wheels/wheel covers for part of the day. Also a lot of work going on in the pit around the base of the supports for the part of the track that leads from the airtime hill into the batwing.

They have been adding the anti stall launch system :) Its not looking hopeful for Friday :(

I have two opinions about the opening of the ride.

It's either going to open for Scarefest and they've told the media that it's not just to get people excited when it does or they're going to be re brand the ride.

Not been there today, but apparently not much has been happening.

Yesterday trains moved about a by as three were on the system in the morning but only two later in the day. But work was taking place in the pit area.

There also seemed to be some kind of staff training as two staff members were walking the extension queue line, looking at the gates, etc.

Of they were staff training, that's a big step considering I thought they'd be training operations, not checking the queue. Doesn't seem like much at first, but every step is a big step. Staff training happened on rattlesnake (staff practising evacs) 2-5 days before opening! I seriously am thinking it could open, very, very soon!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.