• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Really?! With these signs appearing around the park over the last couple of months, you'd of thought they would have picked up on this earlier. But the moment they appear on The Smiler, the press are all over it, and from this article it looks like they've put 2 and 2 together and end up with 7,536 (or in other words, complete and utter bull****). Like seriously, who in their right mind thought this would be a noteworthy story? The Smiler bashing from the press continues, and it'll likely continue until the ride re-opens again. It's a sad, sad world when the press lower themselves to petty, pathetic journalism like this.

Thing is, if AT don't respond to these stupid, non-stories, then the general public will get the impression that AT aren't responding to the papers because the ridiculous story the papers have made up is true or actually has some credibility because "it came from the press, so it must be true!" (which is absolutely f*****g mental I know, but that's the mindset of most of the GP unfortunately). It's a ridiculous situation to be in if you're representing AT in the press, but in my opinion I'd guess they have to respond to them in order to stop these non-stories turning into something bigger than it actually is, especially since the press are still reporting on the accident.

I meant AT snub them in terms of their partnership with "collect so many tokens" hit them where it hurts as that must generate so much money for the papers.

Sorry for another one, but I'm now addicted to seeing the **** that the papers come out with
http://www.standard.co.uk/business/...roller-coaster-should-stay-shut-a2949631.html

Not as bad as some of the the mirrors (it defends varney), but apparently the smiler cost £17 m now

I think he has a point. Given the ride hasn't had an amazing track record to date, why risk more bad publicity if/when there's another issue with the ride. Cutting ties and getting rid would obviously be costly, but is risking another incident - however trivial - and the negative press it will attract really worth it?

I was on park today - it was dead, never experienced anything like it. Nothing occurring Smiler wise but saw official looking chaps in suits with clipboards surveying the site.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.