• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm not being an arse but what else have they had to be doing? Surely if they wanted it to be open for scare fest, pull your finger out and get it ready! They are dragging their heels with it now and people are getting bored/impatient. Sort it towers!

It was never the intention to open for Scarefest, that's where there's a flaw in your's and many other people's reasoning.

Every action, every technician, every act, every piece of plastic, every test run......has been misinterpreted as representing an imminent opening. They clearly want to take a long time before they notify the HSE they have sufficient controls in place. The idea that they'd only be doing things in public view if they wanted to open imminently/this season is is blatantly just wrong. Clearly they want to be seen to be working on the ride.

I think it is fair to say we have pretty much no idea what is going on! Some people/sources say one thing, other people/sources say the total opposite.

I'd imagine many of the finer details regarding the immediate future of The Smiler are only known for certain by senior Merlin and Towers management and everything else must, for the time being, be taken with a massive pinch of salt. I think the only thing we can say for sure is that The Smiler should be open on the first day of the 2016 season! And I still harbour a slim hope (and expectation) that it might open before Fireworks. Will happily admit that I was wrong if it does not though.

:)

I've tried to be very optimistic up until this point, but now all that optimism is done, and I now believe that the next time this thing will open will be March 2016, which is a shame. :(

I still think it will be open tomorrow , the twitter fb team would be the last to know id expect.

We shall soon find out.

Im 90% sure it won't open tomorrow to be honest.
Positives: no dummies, all these improvements for weeks.
Negatives: The social media teams say its not opening
How much they know though, is a question I don't know the answer to.

Unfortunately that is the way it's been throughout, I'm resigned to a nice fresh 2016 opening, and would rather they take their time and get everything right than rush it for the start of scarefest. Love all the pics and the testing updates etc, and even the speculation, but it's starting to sound like clutching at straws wanting it to open lol

Reactions: Tom
Just signed on to TST from this morning --- 104 new posts... OMG the Smilers open...
no such luck... hmmm

So, Everyone.. November the 4th it is then :)

Do we have the first date of the 2016 season yet?

Unless plans have changed it will be Saturday 19th March 2016. They've not officially announced it but it was possible to work it out based on dates the park was available for private hire.

Thanks Rob - and as far as I can tell, the February half term lineup hasn't been announced, so I guess there's always an outside chance of it being opened then.

For some reason I believe the truth behind all this will be pretty obvious once we all find out but no one knows what the obvious factor is.

Unless plans have changed it will be Saturday 19th March 2016. They've not officially announced it but it was possible to work it out based on dates the park was available for private hire.

They announced it on twitter earlier today. :)

Well, I was definitely wrong about it being open by this Wednesday (just gone) at the latest. I was kind of looking forward to having a few rides in the dark again over late night opening. Without that I probably won't even bother going to be honest which is slightly disappointing. Ah well, I get used to disappointment with Towers in recent years. Nevermind, more of the same in the foreseeable future.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.