• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As I've said before, EVERYTHING is "human error" if you trace it back far enough. Software problem? Programed by humans. Structural failure? Designed by humans, maintained by humans.
Same with the RMT crash 9 years ago the faulty part that broke wasn't spotted and replaced.

Sounds like a cover up to me, difficult to say because none of us know the full ins and outs but early in this massive thread an ex ride opp wrote about the only way of having the ride in full manual was for an engineer and senior engineer to put their keys into the control panel. If the ex ride opps story is true then it couldn't just be 1 person that caused the issue.

Again good timing by towers and merlin to get this all out of the way at this time of the year.

I think it's likely there will be a media day the day maybe week before the park opens so that the season can start with the most normality as possible. Here is hoping all the victims can get some closure from this news.

surely the engineer who overrided the safety system should be sacked as well then, as they were partly to blame?

But isn't the operator the one in charge of the ride? The one responsible for everything that happens? She should have known how many trains were on the track and stopped the tech from overriding the system.

Reactions: Rob
From my understanding when a tech is in the cabin fixing a problem they are in charge as it's not the ops job to fix any problems.

That would make sense. Though it could be argued the op had a duty to pass on information (such as the fact they were running all five trains for the first time this season) to the tech.

I'm not trying to blame her, by the way, just attempting to work out where the legal responsibility lies.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.