• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

spinba11

TS Member
I've been sent a video and it show it has crashed with people on it and there are some injuries, looks like there were 2 trains in one block.

Just seen this on BBC.....hopefully not too serious. Where did they crash? Near the station I would presume.

CGf16_EWsAAHPT0.jpg

Looks like a train has valleyed in the cobra roll (EDIT: Batwing) and the blocking system has allowed another through. This is not good news for anyone on the ride or off.

Crash has happened on the 'Stafford Knot' element of the ride.

Hopefully there have been no major injuries.

I didn't even know collisions like this were possible on a modern ride.

CGf16_EWsAAHPT0.jpg

Looks like a train has valleyed in the cobra roll (EDIT: Batwing) and the blocking system has allowed another through. This is not good news for anyone on the ride or off.

I'm seeing a buckled floor plate in that photo. Hope the guy sitting above it is ok.

This is terrible news.

well it must be high speed, if one stalled on the knot rolled back and the other was tramming along at speed.

Im going tomorrow as well, 2nd time this year i will have gone and the smiler closed.

Can we wait until we understand the extent of the injuries before the gags come flying in. I'm presuming the four seriously injured were occupying the front car.

Well this is rather unfortunate. Of all the things you'd think could wrong with The Smiler, this was not one of them. :/

makes you wonder why one was empty, did they have a problem before and they sent an empty one around?

Jesus!! That isn't just a light bump, that's a pretty serious smack for it to be buckled like that.

Wow this seems very serious and something that should not happen. I pray that everyone is ok.

:)

bbc news seems to all over it, usual endless questions to fill the time slots. News is vague at the min. I would assume that the 4 serious will be the four at the front. Rest of pics seem to suggest people moving around ok. As I see it. At the work canteen

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.