• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's so dated and not good value for money.

I don't mind paying a lot if the facilities and the quality of the rooms reflect the price.

The true test of a luxury hotel is if the bathroom mirror is rear-heated to prevent it fogging up. Even EP doesn't have that. ;)

Anyway, something about The Smiler....

Last thing honest.... Does this really look like a nice room? This looks exactly like the one I stayed in. Looks like my nans spare room:

87bbe190ae2ab1ad1f5aa0032e13fde8.jpg

Last thing honest.... Does this really look like a nice room? This looks exactly like the one I stayed in. Looks like my nans spare room:

87bbe190ae2ab1ad1f5aa0032e13fde8.jpg

I agree the rooms are crap. They are in the process of refurbishing and modernizing every room in the hotel though, just taking forever to do it and charging ridiculous amounts for the rooms that have been refurbished.

The communal areas make it up for me.

On a side note have you ever seen pictures of the garden room that used to be in the hotel? That really did look like any nans spare room. :p
ngvq86E.png

I find it unlikely. Even if it was, I wouldn't be inclined to believe that makes it any closer to opening.

The HSE wanted to see the ride operated shortly after the crash as part of their investigation, and if it has been in operation as rumoured, Merlin could simply be running it as part of their own investigation.

There is no confirmation of testing, only rumour. Not sure how credible the source of the rumour is either. However testing the implementation of new systems and/or procedures is something that needs to be done at some point so there may be something in the rumour.

:)

I agree the rooms are crap. They are in the process of refurbishing and modernizing every room in the hotel though, just taking forever to do it and charging ridiculous amounts for the rooms that have been refurbished.

The communal areas make it up for me.

On a side note have you ever seen pictures of the garden room that used to be in the hotel? That really did look like any nans spare room. :p
ngvq86E.png

https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/general-hotel-discussion.2704/

Maybe take your topic here^^^

When I went last Sunday the gate at the to of x-sector in between where the extended queue line goes up the hill and comes back down which was open for weeks after the crash was closed and locked same with the gate into the ride area.

Sounds like they wanted to keep people out of that area then... hmmmmmmm the plot thickens!
I do hope its all leading towards good news! :)

The gate in between the normal path and the up part of the queue line has always been locked so nobody could get into the ride area anyway (there it a total of 3 gates) we could be looking to far into it anyway.

they may of been left from the HSE testing, although leaving the signs up is a good way of throwing enthusiasts off the trail of pre opening tests

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.