• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That's a complete non entity of a story, based on supposition and nothing else.

Given the significance of the ride since the crash, I think it's safe to assume that they will strictly be controlling what responses are said on social media.

Furthermore, I would interpret the "foreseeable future" as being the rest of this season. If Scarefest, fireworks and the end of the season isn't 'foreseeable' in the second week of September then I don't know what is.

Given the significance of the ride since the crash, I think it's safe to assume that they will strictly be controlling what responses are said on social media.

Furthermore, I would interpret the "foreseeable future" as being the rest of this season. If Scarefest, fireworks and the end of the season isn't 'foreseeable' in the second week of September then I don't know what is.

Why would they do the work they have been doing now rather than over the closed season?

The social media people will be running from a script/knowledge base. It is unlikely that they are aware of what is/isnt actually going on.
I think that until the results of the inquiry are made public, the ride will remain shut. The park may, though, have been given knowledge of what the results will be and maybe they are acting on that, Or, maybe they are simply answering questions/demands asked/required by the inquiry.

I can't see them saying it's closed for the foreseeable future and then it reopening the next day.

They've been professional and competent with regards to PR so far since the crash, and I can't see a move away from their faultless approach up to now.

I know this is completely different but when ride breakdown the staff always say they don't know how long it's going to be, it could be the same with The Smiler.

I think they will run a TV ad

"The smiler.... the smiler....the smiler......

Is back

Back

BACK!

And better than ever....."

.....not

I can't see them saying it's closed for the foreseeable future and then it reopening the next day.

They've been professional and competent with regards to PR so far since the crash, and I can't see a move away from their faultless approach up to now.
I think that's exactly what they will do. They won't want to say a date in case they miss it and it becomes an event. Also, to say it's "coming soon" creates a build up, which helps no one.

The reopening needs to be as routine as possible. Bosh. Reopened.

Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster :) I've come out of the woodwork to say I did the Big 6 Challenge back in May and the day (for those that don't know) we have free entry back into park is 4th November. I'm wondering if they'll maybe quietly reopen Smiler that day on the basis that all the folk with free entry will have already been on it? I'm not sure if I'm going to make it back down for the day (wah!) but I'd be interested to see if that's when it opens (if not before).

Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster :) I've come out of the woodwork to say I did the Big 6 Challenge back in May and the day (for those that don't know) we have free entry back into park is 4th November. I'm wondering if they'll maybe quietly reopen Smiler that day on the basis that all the folk with free entry will have already been on it? I'm not sure if I'm going to make it back down for the day (wah!) but I'd be interested to see if that's when it opens (if not before).
Love your user name! Welcome along

I think that's exactly what they will do. They won't want to say a date in case they miss it and it becomes an event. Also, to say it's "coming soon" creates a build up, which helps no one.

The reopening needs to be as routine as possible. Bosh. Reopened.

I have to be pedantic over the language they're using, I think there'll be a move away from 'foreseeable' quite some time before its opening date.

I think the most telling factor in all of this at the moment is that the works being carried out and testing could all be done in closed season in plenty of time to open for next season which would not give the media and enthusiasts anything to ponder on at the current time. The fact that activity around the ride in the last week or so has escalated only points to one thing for me.....

i_love_the_foreseeable_future_round_sticker-r017eb4ec05144a729c42d0f1b576a834_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg

It would appear that we have entered the foreseeable future, they've started saying it is "closed until further notice" now on facebook. I think it is pretty clear that the ride will open very soon. I'm pretty confident it will be open by the end of the month. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if it was open by the end of the week :)

Was anyone at towers today? Anyone see any work going on? Surprised the British media haven't got wind of this and started the enevatable going on that they clearly will with no regard for the victims.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.