• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There have been crates placed in the smiler shop too, unless they're planning on setting Deux Ex in there that points to reapplying the merchandise. Just need the signs back up after that :)

If they are fixing the theming then could we have smoke in the tunnel again? (I never got to ride it with smoke:()

Also there can't be much more to do surely. It must just be staff training to be done now and then it will probably open about 2/3 on a week day. And I really hope that the music is on full volume when it opens and there is no toning down of the theme!

BTW it will open tomorrow (I always liked wood chips!:p)

It will either -

1. Not open for scarefest due to no naming on map. (not even on xsector listings.)

2. Open for scarefest but on a downlow to not draw too much attention. (Media)

1. Not open for scarefest due to no naming on map. (not even on xsector listings.)
Why is this significant in any way? Why risk the media noticing? 20 articles about "how merlin are trying to open the death trap for scarefest because they put it on there map"? This way, they are not committed to it opening, and there is no risk of the media catching onto this.

Seriously, It's just a map. This thread doesn't need another 30 pages about it.

Why is this significant in any way? Why risk the media noticing? 20 articles about "how merlin are trying to open the death trap for scarefest because they put it on there map"? This way, they are not committed to it opening, and there is no risk of the media catching onto this.

Seriously, It's just a map. This thread doesn't need another 30 pages about it.
You must be new here.

No @Leah is just fresh and hopeful :D however the maps would of been done when AT was saying it would not be open for the foreseeable future, so it stands to reason that the name would be removed as a matter of course.

On a side note, Oblivion is still closed! Not sure about enterprise, could they be moving the cherry picker out of the way or doing some work on the smiler? It's been closed since before 4:00 yesterday!

Yep, just updated at 11:00, it did have a bit of downtime yesterday, a lot of 10 minute stoppages where I saw no shuttles in the morning, so I guess it's just normal breakdowns.

I think so for the rest of this season at least, I would be suprised if they don't have a 4th for next season though (they might already have one, not sure though.

There was a lot of testing yesterday morning and into 1 pm when I left x sector, didn't go back after 1pm though so don't know if it was still going, was told it was staff training, which im 99% sure it is. Don't know how much training is needed though, samurai is 12 hours and around the same for Saw I believe.

Someone asked about ride availability of the rides over scarefest.

AT response via Twitter was
All rides are scheduled to be open throughout Scarefest, apart from Sub Terra, The Smiler & The Flume, thank you

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.