• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Do you honestly think it will open over scarefest though? If they do that's a very big call and to be fair it's a little insensitive as it just screams we are going to embrace the flack and come to our park and ride the smiler.

But knowing merlin. Knowing they love a good marketing ploy any PR is good PR so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised.

So they've said it's not scheduled to be open over Scarefest....but people still interpret that as opening during Scarefest.

So they've said it's not scheduled to be open over Scarefest....but people still interpret that as opening during Scarefest.
I think it's more people saying that it has the potential to open during Scarefest, as plans and schedules can be changed. :)

They've just told me on there it's scheduled to be closed for the fireworks weekend, which includes the final day of the season - for the avoidance of doubt.

I still get the impression people here won't believe it until 9 November.

Could be scheduled to open for fireworks next year... doesn't mean it will because schedules change.

All this work they've been doing though, why? If it doesn't open this season, I'll be a little surprised really.

Maybe there saying this so people stop asking every day...

They've just told me on there it's scheduled to be closed for the fireworks weekend, which includes the final day of the season - for the avoidance of doubt.

I still get the impression people here won't believe it until 9 November.
Because the social media team are in control of the opening and know all of the plans management have!
They are never going to say it is scheduled to open at anytime because a) they don't want the media all over it and b) they don't know when it will be open.
Unless you know something we don't there is every possibility it will open for scarefest / fireworks and every chance it won't we don't know so stop treating us like children because you don't think it will open before the end of the season.

You misunderstand what the the activity we've seen actually means. All the things that are being done represent major systems and operational changes that will require weeks or even months of operational training.

It is blatantly obvious that they are a long way from being in a situation to open. They obviously don't expect it to open. The use of the 'schedule' obviously means that other rides could be closed.

Because the social media team are in control of the opening and know all of the plans management have!
They are never going to say it is scheduled to open at anytime because a) they don't want the media all over it and b) they don't know when it will be open.
Unless you know something we don't there is every possibility it will open for scarefest / fireworks and every chance it won't we don't know so stop treating us like children because you don't think it will open before the end of the season.

I do have an inside insight actually, however that isn't relevant and I'm not using it as a basis of my argument, because everything we have seen presents more than enough evidence to form a conclusion that it is highly unlikely to open this season.

There's no need for sarcasm, it just proves that you're incapable of debating in a mature way. If you think that a billion pound company isn't capable of controlling its public and social media statements in the light of this epic PR disaster, that's your view - but it's a flawed analysis.

Merlin rarely keep to schedules. The blade was scheduled to close, it didn't. The smiler was scheduled to open in March, it didn't. The scarefest line up was scheduled to be released week by week, it didn't.

I do have an inside insight actually, however that isn't relevant and I'm not using it as a basis of my argument, because everything we have seen presents more than enough evidence to form a conclusion that it is highly unlikely to open this season.

There's no need for sarcasm, it just proves that you're incapable of debating in a mature way. If you think that a billion pound company isn't capable of controlling its public and social media statements in the light of this epic PR disaster, that's your view - but it's a flawed analysis.
They are controlling there social media team by the use of the words "not scheduled" instead of "will not" if they were trying to say that it won't then why beat around the bush? We all now schedules change so it suggests that it has not been decided rather than wont.

That's my thinking also. They said shortly after the crash that it wouldn't open over the summer, but there's been no official statement saying it won't open for scarefest. Makes me think they're at least trying to open it before the end of the year.

I think they are definitely trying, but whether or not it's possible, is not known by any of us, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Scarefest could be selling poor and admitting your best ride is down is not going to help sales

Rattlesnake also had 8 days of training that was spotted to being open and no one has spotted any training and I would imagine the protocol has been received written on the smiler

Well said......

Reactions: Tom
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.