• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
But the standard response has changed and the social media team won't have just said it cause they felt like it. Maybe they are waiting for a HSE inspection

Don't underestimate them, as I said all social media content has to confirm to a strict code of practice so they don't give the wrong message or say what they actually mean.

I do think if it's not open by Sunday we can likely say goodbye till next year.

The response shown above has been used for a fair few days now (and mentioned several times in this topic) and has changed from the "The Smiler will be closed for the foreseeable future" response, so it's an interesting change, although I wouldn't read into it too much.

It's not exactly "HI blahblahblah, yes we're opening The Smiler tomorrow fanks".

I tweeted them not so long ago to ask if it was still opening on 4th November for the Big 6 challenge day (I have wristbands but doubt I'll make it down. Sad face) and like Phil says it's definitely on. I did think they might reopen the Smiler then as in theory everyone should have already been on it to have completed the Big 6 challenge so I thought their thinking might be that people are less likely to be OMG the death trap has reopened and more yay, Smiler is open!
what really got me is that she thought it would open for one day then close again!! Who told you this?

The big 6 day on the 4th November is still on

I tweeted them not so long ago to ask if it was still opening on 4th November for the Big 6 challenge day (I have wristbands but doubt I'll make it down. Sad face) and like Phil says it's definitely on. I did think they might reopen the Smiler then as in theory everyone should have already been on it to have completed the Big 6 challenge so I thought their thinking might be that people are less likely to be OMG the death trap has reopened and more yay, Smiler is open!
I have my wrist band but never got to ride the Smiler as for some reason when I was there on the 2nd it was shut o_O
had to complain to BO to get my band :)

I love your glass half full approach but do you have anything tangible to Base it on?

I would LOVE the smiler to be open but the glass half empty side of me is there is not much sign now :(

1) frantic work ongoing that could wait for the closed season.

2) staff training is ongoing (as stated before)

3) cleaning of the area and bins been put out.

4) change in tone from social media team.

5) because it is

6) LTCI where inspecting the track weeks ago.

7) shop has been restocked.

8) lots of testing.

9) marmaliser getting work

1) frantic work ongoing that could wait for the closed season.

2) staff training is ongoing (as stated before)

3) cleaning of the area and bins been put out.

4) change in tone from social media team.

5) because it is

6) LTCI where inspecting the track weeks ago.

7) shop has been restocked.

8) lots of testing.

9) marmaliser getting work

Combined with the fact that there are still approximately 4 weeks of park operation left this season. There is plenty of time, judging on the rate at which they are working to get this ride open, to have at least a week or two operation of The Smiler this season.

I can't wait for it to re-open just so all of this will it, won't it open debate that keeps going round and round in circles can come to an end! I'm also somewhat looking forward to see how the media over react to it all, it's going to be frustrating so may as well just laugh and take pity at their stupidity.

:)

I agree, this topic has been wayward for a very long time. Back on about page 20 I remember a ex ride opp stating what could have caused the accident, this was the peak of the thread, its been a long way down hill since then. Merlin please re open this soon!!!!

This topic has been great!!

Everybody saying what they feel.

I love the fact that we have a platform in which to express and discuss our honest opinions about things c we are passionate about, people don't always agre with everyone else, and it is great to see that, it makes for excellent discussion and debate. We have lost that in this day in age and kids just wanna xbox all day long.

Anywho, back on topic. It will open friday in my opinion, if not before. If they are genuinely discussing human riders then there is no prohibition notice.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.