• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Israel/Palestine

I thought that it had been reported that the authorities in Sydney have said that the motive for the attack was not thought to be terror related?
I'm seeing mixed reports from a few places, so you could be right. But having said that, Iran does have a history of committing and sponsoring acts of terrorism overseas.

I just can't see them sending warships out to the UK, they'll have the entirety of NATO to put up with before they've fully acquired a nuclear deterrent. I reckon that we'll mainly see a Middle Eastern taskforce of armies taking on Iran more directly with some American, French and British support. Russia is also pretty much out of the equation for rushing to Iran's defense directly, they're pre-occupied by a war of aggression in Ukraine.

Last edited:
I hate to be the forever pedant, but sometimes these things matter.
Isreal is not real.
Israel is real.
Up there in the topic title.
Getting it right matters, sorry.
No names, no pack drill.
As you were.
Very much back on topic...
What a flipping mess.

All eyes on Netanyahu now to see how he might respond. If they leave it at this then the region can simmer down again. If he responds by attacking Iran then its Gas Mark 10. Given his ignorant attitude so far, I’m not that hopeful he will take western advice.

I'm seeing mixed reports from a few places, so you could be right. But having said that, Iran does have a history of committing and sponsoring acts of terrorism overseas.

This is why it’s so important to wait to for the facts to emerge before jumping to conclusions about the motives for any incident.

There were no initial reports from any authorities of it being a terrorist attack, yet plenty of people online immediately jumped to conclusions and assumed it was and started spreading that narrative on social media (see Rachel Riley’s tweet about it).

Yet the fact that emerged was that the perpetrator was a person with mental health issues and the police are considering that as reason for the attack rather than any ideology. Always best to wait for the facts to emerge.

Meanwhile, Isreal isn’t going to back down and says it will respond when “the timing is right”. Honestly, it’s like little kids trying to get one over on the other. Tit for tat. Isreal is at fault for attacking the Iranian embassy, they should see last night as a victory by defending against all the drones and missiles and leave it at that. Sooner Netanyahu is out the safer the Middle East.