• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

John Wardley New Book

The first one was one of the dullest autobiographies I’ve ever read. Going to have to hold out on some reviews before I spend any coin on this one I’m afraid..
Most people's life is quite dull to a stranger. It depends what / who you are interested in. Personally, I rather enjoyed his first one. Especially the bits on his time in the film industry, as we'd not heard much about that before.

Just home from work. The new book was waiting for me. May not get a chance to read it for a few days though.

I will give some of my thoughts now I have time.
The scope:
I wasn't quite sure what was going to be included. Of course Wicker Man, Alton Manor and Nemesis Reborn would be covered but that wouldn't be enough for a book. It also covers Hex and the history of various types of rides. He also gives his honest opinion on VR rides. The Smiler and the Smiler crash are not mentioned but that should be expected.
Other parts:
A part I was not expecting was his discussion of school trips and lessons at the park which I found quite a nice surprise, as was certain old props he made 50 years ago coming back to life! I think if you are interested in what goes into a ride then it is worth getting. My only complaint is the pictures are all low quality black and white which makes it hard to make out what you're looking at.

Whilst there were a few nuggets of interesting info, the 2nd book didn’t quite live up to expectations for me.

It feels a little rushed and all over the place in terms of the timeline and at times feels like they have used a load of content that didn’t make the cut for the first book but has been used this time around to make up filler content.

When he got to talking about Hex I thought there might be some interesting bits about Hex version 1 and the changes made when it first opened, but it wasn't referenced at all.

@RoyJess, you may be interested to know that at one point, John gives away the "big secret" to one of the classic illusions that you are both masters of. ;)
"Metamophosis", as made famous by The Pendragons. (The solution is obvious to anyone older than five, but the impressive part is the speed).

@RoyJess, you may be interested to know that at one point, John gives away the "big secret" to one of the classic illusions that you are both masters of. ;)
"Metamophosis", as made famous by The Pendragons. (The solution is obvious to anyone older than five, but the impressive part is the speed).
Unfortunately Diogo, RoyJess has not been seen in 2 1/2 years.