• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

JP Entertainments - Dresden Gardens

joelpagett

TS Member

Dresden Gardens Theme Park flung open its gates in 1961. Starting off as a collection of fun family rides along with plenty of woodland to explore, it soon became a huge hit! Set 30 minutes away from Bristol in the UK the park soon flourished and regularly saw visitors numbers hit the 500,000 mark. With an addition of several rides and roller coasters this secured Dresden Gardens as one of the top UK tourist destinations. As the years went on the economic climate became stale and visitor numbers soon started to fall. With lack of income to re-invest the park soon fell into disrepair. There was a major fire on one of the parks major roller coasters and there was also a mass redundancy. In 1986 the park went on the market as the owner could no longer keep the park running and this is where JP Entertainments became involved...

This marks the end of an epic chapter with Mr Hank Gerrard but also the start of a shining new chapter with JP Entertainments! Dresden Gardens Park is a beautiful theme park that has sadly fallen into disrepair. This twined with dwindling guest figures has forced the park to re-think its future. Today (March 5th 1990), myself and my creative director are going to have a sneak peak at our new roller coaster. This is the first new investment at Dresden Gardens for over 10 years and is a custom Arrow double looping roller coaster. More information will be released shortly on the ride but here is a few snippets of what is to come!

The Logo!

A view from across the lake.

View from a hill nearby.

Shot of the queue line.

Looking at the entrance of the new area.

A shot of the station!

Will you take on Andromeda 2000?

So that is our latest creation, this massive investment and an advertising campaign will bring Dresden Gardens back to its former glory. Shortly I will take you around the park and show you some of the rides and attractions, some are new, some are old favorites with a new lease of life! I will also need your help soon for advise on future growth plans!

Until next time,

Joel Pagett

Good morning!

With only a few more days until the park re-launches for the new season I wanted to take you on a tour of the rest of the park. Much of the remaining areas are up for re-development over the next 5 years so the attractions are not up to the standard which we want. We have invested heavily in the two new areas (Finkley Down Farm & The Space Station). Along with we have rejuvenated the entrance plaza;

Here is the new entrance plaza

View from the top of the hill

Here is one of the parks original areas. The Azteka Jungle is home to a log flume ride and also a Wooden Coaster. The year before there was a serious fire that ripped through the coaster. The ride is currently SBNO and is in a serious state. Here is some photos;

Here is the wooden coaster that has closed.

The final update is a few shots from a brand new UK first roller coaster... opening next season!

So this is the rest of the park, we are almost ready to open. I just wanted to quickly show you the redevelopment plan for the park so you can see where we are heading...

Here are some shots of the new Finkley Down Farm area as well!

First up is a few shots of the area!

Now on to some of the rides and attractions! To start Big Barn Drop;

Now for the Spinning Teapots;

Moving on to one of our new coasters, Pony Trek. This is a small custom Arrow single tracked roller coaster for the younger guests.

We have invested heavily in a new restaurant for the area which serves a whole host of sandwiches, cakes, snacks and more!

And finally to round it off our new roller coaster Treetops. This is a great first roller coaster for the kids and fun for adults to.

As you can see we have re-invested into half of the park, one area will re-open next season and this leaves many rides for re-development. In a few weeks we will be holding a meeting for the 10 year development plan and we would like your help! More information will be revealed soon. The next update will see the park opened for the first time in 2 years!

Until next time

Joel Pagett

Thanks for your comments! I really like to hear what you think :up:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon,

Dresden Gardens Theme Park is now officially open! Although we have a very long way to go we are happy with the progress the park is making. The park was closed to walk in guests due to the park reaching its capacity at around 11:30am! I have some photos from the opening day;

Here are the queues at opening time!

A quick photo of the Tribal River Splash, the new re-themed Log Flume. The queue was massive!

Moving over to Space Station Zero here are some of the opening day photos including the re-vamped Supernova ride.

The revamped Huss Trokia ride was ready for opening day! It now operates under Supernova.

Moving over to the Finkley Down Farm area this proved very popular with families.

Some teaser posters have been erected just before opening. This massive roller coaster is sure to be a real hit next season! We will be releasing more information soon but until then here is an image!

I hope you enjoyed the update, this will be the last one for a week as I am off to Madrid on holiday :). Please let me know what you think! We are debating themes for the next big roller coaster and we are heading towards haunted mansion style...

Until next time

Joel Pagett

P.S Feel free to comment and let me know your thoughts :)