• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Katanga Canyon Current Music

I am currently hearing different music in Katagna Canyon and it is more dance music than the one that appears when I search up the main theme. Can anyone tell me what the current ST is in Katagna Canyon? I have attached what I hear in the Katagna Canyon entrance.

Attachments

• guilded_video_r-1877329-2727115.mp4
    5.1 MB
It seems to play random music I notice. The music you post in the first post definitely plays in Katanga, and that’s not the new rapids music as that’s different. I’m not sure if the older 90s music still actually plays in the area though.

I’ve also heard the new rapids music playing through the Katanga speakers sometimes.

It seems to play random music I notice. The music you post in the first post definitely plays in Katanga, and that’s not the new rapids music as that’s different. I’m not sure if the older 90s music still actually plays in the area though.

I’ve also heard the new rapids music playing through the Katanga speakers sometimes.
When I visited the park on my last 2 occasions this year, the music seemed to be played at random. At one point, you'd have Graham Smarts score playing, then the 2016 one nearby the Entrance to Katanga Canyon, then the new one playing in Congo River Rapids queue and near the Entrance. It's a nice variety of old and new music though that do fit in nicely all together, so I'm not complaining.

They'd do best to stitch all 3 or 4 area tracks, plus Rapids track, together and play them from all area and ride speakers. Stops the nasty overlap at the Wicker Man end of the area.

Could some fellow pedant change the topic title please...makes me twitchy.
Edit...And I thank that kind person from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:
It wasn't composed by Graham Smart it's stock music called 'The Adventure Begins' that's been used elsewhere as well.
No idea where the extended version towers used came from though.
every time i hear that music now all i'm going to think of is the fact its stock

I thought the fact it was stock was common knowledge. Surely the production and musical style is also a huge giveaway it is not Graham Smart, no? Even to the un trained ear.

Good piece non the less. Brings back many great memories.

Yeah it's my fav music from that area even though it's from a stock album. I vaguely remember it being used in a trailer for a N64 Star Wars game.

At the weekend when I walked through the area, the old style music was playing near the Katanga logo, however the rest of the area was just playing the new rapids music.

It wasn't composed by Graham Smart it's stock music called 'The Adventure Begins' that's been used elsewhere as well.
No idea where the extended version towers used came from though.
The extended part is from that same collection, it's "Over The Moon".

Reactions: Haz
For a while now throughout different areas of Katanga Canyon you can hear all 3 versions of the Katanga Canyon music. The original which is the stock music above, then the Katanga version of the old Towers Street music and then the new Congo music (which personally does my head in because it's so repetitive)

I've absolutely nothing against using good quality existing music.

Puy du Fou changed their original stock music for the end of Dance of the Phantom Birds last season. They had a custom track made.

The response was so bad, they reinstated the original for 2023.