• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kennywood: 2019 S&S Coaster - Steel Curtain

Hats off to S&S for making everyone think they had made a reliable ride and proved us all wrong, only for it to snafu a couple of weeks later. They really had me going there.

Looks like purple is going to win it:

8928192f7eb317d4621d965b6a9ddff8.png

Work on the re-paint of Phantom temporarily came to a halt in order for the ride to operate on the final days of the Halloween event by the looks of it.

Thunderbolt is also having some work done to it prior to 2022:

Hopefully, Steel Curtain's ongoing maintenance issues are also addressed. The ride has suffered quite an extensive period of downtime recently; not ideal with PR being closed for its repaint.

I believe this coaster has been a problem child since it opened. It would appear S&S took on a project with a scale they couldn't handle. I wouldn't be surprised to see a law suite (this is the US after all) take place here between Kennywood and S&S. Kennywood don't often get a major ride, and this was one of there biggest investments ever, they must be incredibly annoyed at the state of the attraction, and most particularly at it's dreadful reliability.