• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kings Island: General Discussion

Re: Son Of Beast - The End is Nigh

At least I can now say I have been on the tallest woodie!

Colossos FTW!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Screamscape said:
2014 - New Coaster - Rumor - (1/31/13) The latest rumors about the Kings Island 2014 coaster project are interesting, especially due to all the land being cleared out in the park to make way for it. I’m told that this is not for a new land, but really just for one large new steel coaster. While my source is being a bit coy with me regarding the nature of the coaster itself… I did take a moment to really think about what Kings Island already has and what few coaster styles they are still lacking, which isn’t much. The one really big standout and popular coaster design that Kings Island is still strangely lacking after all these years is a true Inverted coaster. Sure, they have Invertigo… but an epic large B&M Inverted coaster that would traverse through the landscape, perhaps taking a nod from Montu and using trenches, tunnels and towering structures to dodge, would be an excellent choice in my opinion. We’ll have to wait and see for now…

I love that they're going back to The Beast and building another terrain ROMP through the woods! :D

This post from Screamscape suggests that the next coaster for King's Island might be a new member of the 'Beast' family to replace SoB:

2014 - New Coaster - Rumor - (4/29/13) Kings Island has now opened for the 2013 season and presented guests with an interesting new construction wall blocking off access to the former Thunder Alley go-kart area. The wall is quite eye catching with the black and yellow warning tape design with large red warning signs stating that monitoring is in progress due to an increase in “mysterious and bone-chilling screams” in that area while they identify the source of “this evil phenomenon”.
The whole thing just gave me a big flashback to Son of Beast, where the lead car on the original Son of Beast trains used the same black and yellow pattern and the cars that followed were the same bright red. (See here). It almost gives me chills that we just might just see another descendent of The Beast come to Kings Island. Stay tuned, because I’m sure this will get even more interesting as the summer goes on. Just check out what’s going on behind the wall… looks like they are already hard at work making footers for “something”.

Here's one of four photos they put up as well:
db_2013_0429_KingsIslandWall21.jpg

Sounds exciting! :D

According to Screamscape, Kings Island might be naming their next coaster 'Banshee'. The name originates from Cedar Point, as they were going to use it for Mantis. The connotations of evil ( ::) ) put them off it, but now it seems they want to bring it back, along with a logo they designed before it became Mantis.

Here's one of four images showing the site of the 2014 attraction:

db_2013_0505_PKI_2014_21.jpg

Hold on this story sounds very familiar. Wasn't there already a ride that took Banshee's logo after Cedar point dropped it?

Edit: Yes there was. Steel Force at Dorney Park took the logo (although modified it slightly for their needs).

I think this was the original logo:

Banshee.jpg

Looks very dated now. Unless they plan to update it I can't believe they'd re-use something that old.

This does make more sense than another Beast ride though, the bone-chilling screams part was bothering me before but of course it fits a Banshee perfectly.

Screamscape said:
2014 - Banshee / New Coaster - Rumor - (6/3/13) Screamscape sources have confirmed to us that not only is the new Kings Island 2014 coaster from B&M, but it will be a new large Wing Coaster. And yes… unless things change, we can expect to see it fly under the Banshee name.

Another of these Boring & Mabillard machines. ::)

Follow up...

Screamscape said:
2014 - Banshee / New Coaster - Rumor - (6/6/13) I’ve been sent a number of messages and tweets about our latest prediction for Banshee to be a B&M Wing Coaster, mostly because Matt Ouimet stated in an interview that Cedar Fair had no Wing Coasters on the drawing boards for 2014. Of course, this wouldn’t be the first time a man in his position has told a white lie to protect a future project in the works… and at the same time, I can’t verify that the 2014 Kings Island ride will be a Wing coaster either.
Personally, I think it’s a bit kooky to build follow up Gatekeeper at The Point with such a similar style coaster at Kings Island. As I’ve said before, I’d rather seen a gigantic B&M Inverted coaster or Floorless coaster added instead, something with more than 7 inversions. Of perhaps even a B&M Dive Machine would fit the bill.
Of course, there is the remote possibility that we could perhaps be seeing the evolution of the Wing coaster come to Kings Island as well. Going back to when the first rumors about the very first Wing coaster were coming out of Italy, our source said that B&M wanted to evolve their Wing coaster design after a few years to include 4th Dimension style spinning seats. It’s a remote long shot…and no one has even suggested this to me for the Kings Island 2014 project yet, but… I’m just going to put that idea in your heads for now. Don’t even think of it as a “maybe” yet… just think of it as a “What if?”
In the meantime, if your local, keep an eye on the track fabrication yard in Batavia, I hear they have some wing coaster track sitting around destined for somewhere…

Screamscape have been sent a couple of new photos of some interesting additions to the 2014 construction area here of some Scarecrows that have been positioned in between some of the holes in the fence (should be a nice shock for anyone wanting to peep through at what's going on :p ). There are also apparently more warning signs that read ‘No Camping’ too. I'm certainly intrigued! :)

Re: Son Of Beast Replacement

A Screamscape reader has sent them a picture of footers going in around the area where the top of Son of Beast's lift stood.

New B&M Inverted for...?

Screamscape are reporting that blue track sections with labels on them stating that they're for an inverted coaster have appeared at B&M's track fabrication factory in Ohio.

PwOAKPO.jpg

Four photos of the pieces (that includes the one I've included for this topic) have been linked to on Screamscape too. This could be for Kings Island or will it be for somewhere else?

I'll ask for this topic to be merged with an existing topic if this turns out to be for Kings Island or whatever. :)

Re: New B&M Inverted for...?

It'll be for Kings Island. Most KI fans were saying that the two rumoured options for next year were either a Wing Coaster or an Invert, and frankly I'm happy about their choice.

Oooh it's always good to see B&M doing a new Invert, especially as they don't seem to do as many recently. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

:)

Wow. Even though its due to be announced, that's a massive leak if its true :/!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

A few people on Youtube have recreated the ride from the plans. Here are a couple of one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9opn4WGzlwo#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzxS_l_eLUk#ws

I'm no fan of the layout but if that's how big it's going to be... well I guess it'd be fun, regardless of any shortfalls in creativity and originality. :p

Anyway, if this is what they're building, this new coaster will be the tallest, longest and fastest inverted coaster on the planet.

Topic merge?

I think it's down to how they've each interpreted the plans in the video.

Well that looks... Uninspired. I mean, it's big, but it looks very bland and generic :/

I'm wondering if they're counting on the heights and speeds that you'll be reaching to take your mind of all of the negatives that come with a big, uninspired and (most probably) themeless ride. :p