• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kings Island: General Discussion

WHOAH.

988302_10151527993763639_507679560_n.jpg

Who even cares that it's a crappy wingrider?! It's the BLOODY BAT! The greatest, most insane rollercoaster ever built REBORN! CHRIST ALIVE! :D

It would make more sense if it were an invert, and I wish it were instead of a wingrider.

This begs the question where is the mystery invert track headed for if not KI?

Sam said:
WHOAH.

Who even cares that it's a crappy wingrider?! It's the BLOODY BAT! The greatest, most insane rollercoaster ever built REBORN! CHRIST ALIVE! :D

I don't know if this is such a good thing. This new coaster won't have any real connection with the original Bat other than its location. I think I'd rather that the Bat remained the stuff of legend and they came up with something new.

CGM said:
I don't know if this is such a good thing. This new coaster won't have any real connection with the original Bat other than its location. I think I'd rather that the Bat remained the stuff of legend and they came up with something new.

IIRC, Vortex is now where The Bat sits.

TedTheHuman said:
CGM said:

IIRC, Vortex is not where The Bat sits.

When I said location, I was using the term more generally to mean the same park. But you're right, Vortex sits on the site of the original Bat, in fact you can still see the Bat's footers on Google Earth.

The new Bat will actually sit next to the later Arrow suspended coaster which was originally Top Gun but is probably now called something awful like Flight Deck.

So in Summary, The original Bat, an arrow suspended coaster was sat next to the original Beast. The new Bat will be on the site of Son of Beast next to an arrow suspended coaster.

That's actually quite confusing!

Ah yes, I did sort of figured you meant the park as whole when you said "Location". And I agree with that it is confusing!

The question still remains: if this new ride's now supposedly called the 'Bat', what's 'Banshee'?

Re: Kings Island - Son Of Beast and B&M replacement

BigAl said:
The question still remains: if this new ride's now supposedly called the 'Bat', what's 'Banshee'?

Maybe Banshee is an invert for another Cedar fairs park?

Hmmmmm. Wing rider traveling at 70mph odd?. Can't help thing this might vibrate a bit. Baco II? :p

Interesting, especially as everything seemed to be pointing towards an Invert. I'll wait and see what the layout is like before judging it though. The official announcement is due on August 8th.

:)

Bleugh. If this is another bleeding wingrider I wont be happy. I would like it to be a B&M invert tbh as B&M haven't done an invert for a while. But if the layout is like the recreations. Its a bit boring. :I

alee298 said:
I would like it to be a B&M invert tbh as B&M haven't done an invert for a while.

Oz'Iris at Parc Asterix opened last year.

I've had a quick look around some other sites and many believe that the wingrider leak is a fake. So the invert could be back on the cards. I suppose we'll only know for sure in a couple of days.

Someone on CoasterForce has suggested that 'The Bat' may be the retheme of Flight Deck as someone has spotted that the logos on the train have been removed. Screamscape is thinks this might be the case too, that 'The Bat' is a retheme, and Banshee will be the new B&M.

I personally like the idea more than them simply building a wing or inverted coaster and naming it after one of the most legendary coasters ever built as at least the ride type is the same and it'd show that Kings Island are intending on keeping Flight Deck longer, rather than doing the same as Busch Gardens did with Big Bad Wolf.

All I'd ask is for them to do a decent theme. They can't make Flight Deck as intense as the Bat was but they could make it better in other areas.

An odd tweet from KI:

Kings Island Twitter said:
Months of rumors, speculation and refusal by some to believe Son of Beast isn't coming back end tonight at 10pm. #KingsIsland2014

Presuming they mean 10pm EST, we only have eight hours to wait to find out what the hell they're talking about.

Re: Kings Island - Son Of Beast and B&M replacement

Sam said:
An odd tweet from KI:

Kings Island Twitter said:
Months of rumors, speculation and refusal by some to believe Son of Beast isn't coming back end tonight at 10pm. #KingsIsland2014

Presuming they mean 10pm EST, we only have eight hours to wait to find out what the hell they're talking about.

Why am I suddenly getting a strange Rocky Mountain kinda feeling...

According to the french website Trips'n'pics, it is going to be a B&M invert.
And it will be the Highest and fastest inverted in the world, with 7 inversions.

As they are very reliable, I do believe them. ;D