• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Knoebels 2015: Impulse, Zierer Vertical Lift Coaster

Sam

TS Member
Screamscape said:
2015 - New Project/Attraction - Rumor - (1/30/14) While the 2014 season hasn’t even started yet, Knoebels has begun teasing their fans about what they have in the works for 2015. According to the teaser on their Facebook page, it was an image showing a file folder with the park’s logo and the message, “The 4th Generation is doing what!?!? TOP SECRET – PROJECT 2015”
By 4th Generation they are talking about the 4th generation of the Knoebel family. So the question is… is Knoebels ready to go ahead with another large ride project in 2015, or will they try something entirely different and new? A waterpark? A resort hotel? Purchasing a second park maybe? Or perhaps something really unique and new. Anyone know more?

1003012_10153702638190551_1243690881_n.jpg

Bless Knoebels and their amateur photoshopping. :)

Screamscape said:
2015 - New Project/Attraction - Rumor - (2/1/14) According to Screamscape sources the 2015 project at Knoebels is said to involve the building of a new main entrance plaza, establishing a new and iconic “sense of arrival” for park guests going forward into the next generation. I’m also hearing there will be a little more involved as well, but I’m still trying to dig up the details so stay tuned!

A bit of a shame, since I'm led to believe that what is unique about this park is the way that it has no fences or borders, and you just kind of 'approach' it through the woods.

It is unique but it looks terrible at the moment. I'm pleased that they will be changing this!

A completely different crazy rumour!

Screamscape said:
2015 - New Project/Attraction - Rumor - (2/3/14) We know that a lot of the credit for the successful trains being used on the Flying Turns goes to former GCI mastermind (and now apparently retired) Mike Boodley. But if the latest wild rumor is true, it is hard to keep a good designer down and Boodley (and possibly GCI) may be involved in the attraction aspect of whatever Knoebels has up their sleeve for 2015.
According to one Screamscape source, a couple of years ago during one of Boodley’s many trips out to Knoebels to work on the Flying Turns, it’s said that he made it known that he would love to design a terrain coaster for Knoebels sometime that would run up the same hillside that the park’s chairlift goes up. With the Flying Turns project finally finished… could it be time to make this dream a reality?

Sounds absolutely mental, a full on terrain GCI monster at Knoebels. But surely a bit soon after Flying Turns...? Though maybe that hasn't actually cost that much per year, given it was mostly in-house.

Also, the park apparently confirmed at an ACE event that Flying Turns is to get a fourth train, with MISTER TWISTER and Phoenix getting some track work.

Knoebels on Facebook said:
I was talking with one of the project leaders and he almost let the name of the 2015 project slip. They're such an IMPULSE-ive bunch.

Though weirdly, the park then went on to say in the comments that it won't be an Impulse coaster. Rumours are swirling about a terrain steely from a European manufacturer, possibly launched.

From Knoebels site, new coaster revealed.

project1.jpg

Presumably a Zierer, maybe a Gerst. Bleh. Nothing particularly interesting to see here - just another mediocre compact steel looper.

Sam said:
From Knoebels site, new coaster revealed.

project1.jpg

Presumably a Zierer, maybe a Gerst. Bleh. Nothing particularly interesting to see here - just another mediocre compact steel looper.

trouble is you put BlueFire on paper and it looks incredibly boring... In reality it's amazing.

You can never tell with coasters.

Clearly there is very little interest in this coaster! Regardless, the final piece of track was put in place yesterday. Here are a few photos of the coaster form All-American Thrills:

IMG_7926.jpg

Pic31.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

ChrisImpulse1.jpg

chrisimpulse3.jpg

It is indeed a Zierer.

:)

I should be more interested in this coaster but I guess besides it being a Zierer there's not much to say. We've seen many rides like this (if only one by Zierer before) and given its location its unlikely we'll be ridding it any time soon. Plus when I hear Knoebels I always imagine old rides being resurrected from the past, so something new doesn't seem quite so newsworthy.

Still it looks good for what it is and maybe something new is what the park are after.

That final helix looks like it could be quite forcefull. Just a shame this is such a cheap looking ride.

Looks decent without being anything special. Have a feeling it could be on the shaky side.

:)

I’ve never been to Knoebels, but I think it’s one of those parks that are actually quite small, but the owners are enthusiasts themselves and have a lot of time for the enthusiast community, so it tends to get a disproportionate amount of exposure. This means people sometimes expect more than it can give. Even though I don’t have any plans to visit the place, I love seeing interviews with Dick Knoebel because he seems to care so much. I’ve just been reading that he works in the admission kiosk every weekend. I know Knoebels is a small park and you can’t expect the managers of major parks to have the same presence, and being independent he doesn’t have to spend time on corporate politics. But it’s refreshing to have an owner with such an obvious love for what he does. I saw another interview where he was asked if he thought the Flying Turns would make money. His answer was something along the lines of ‘no, probably not’. Then he shrugged and said, ‘but I’m glad we built it, because it’s something I always wanted to do’

http://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/funworld-magazine/life-s-little-moments---april-2015