• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Knott's Berry Farm: General Discussion

Re: Knott's Berry Farm removing Perilous Plunge

Screamscape have some shots of the Knott's Vekoma Boomerang now fully repainted, as well as two of work being carried out on their Windseeker:

db_2013_0308_Knotts__2_1.jpg

db_2013_0308_Knotts__3_1.jpg

db_2013_0308_Knotts__4_1.jpg

db_2013_0308_Knotts__5_1.jpg

db_2013_0308_Knotts1.jpg

db_2013_0308_Knotts__6_1.jpg

The Boomerang looks lovely in the sun. If the trains were pink it'd look like a packet of Refreshers! :p

That Boomerang is still the devil's spawn and should have a date with a bulldozer ASAP.

From the parks FB:

320119_10151268086995876_2118244158_n.jpg

Coast Rider track! ;D

The Smiler sounds better than Coast Rider :p

Poison Tom 96 said:
The Smiler sounds better than Coast Rider :p
The smiler looks better than coast rider as well ;)

Screamscape has heard that the park may be looking into getting a new dark ride and possibly a giga coaster too:

???? - New Dark Ride - Rumor - (3/18/13) It sounds like Knott’s Berry Farm has a lot of possible projects waiting to be approved lately. There is the long rumored Giga coaster project, the restoration of the Calico Mine Train looking for funding as early as next year (assuming the Log Ride refurbishment goes well), and now I’m starting to hear talk about plans being developed at long last to put a new dark ride experience into the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building. That is one I’d like to see put into action sooner than later, as it has sat empty for long enough. I haven’t heard much in the way of details yet, though I did hear that they do want to make it interactive with the riders, though I’m not sure if they means a gun style shoot ‘em up ride or if they are planning on something a little different. Stay tuned!

Coast Rider news from Screamscape:

2013 - Coast Rider, Pacific Scrambler, Surfslide Glider - (3/25/13) Coast Rider at Knott’s is going up very quickly. Two pictures posted to Knott’s Facebook page show off just how quickly the new coaster is being installed along with confirmation that the ride’s 52 foot tall lift hill has also been fully installed.

576056_10151278431775876_1875566446_n.jpg

Westcoaster have a photo update of Coaster Rider construction here. Go to the bottom of page 3 to see the begging of the updates for it. Here are a few of them...

032813-kbf010-sm.jpg

032813-kbf014-sm.jpg

032813-kbf015-sm.jpg

Am I the only one who detests this style of coaster? I really don't think they're anything exciting. One midly fun looking drop and the rest just consists of boring hairpin turns (and I don't care about the lateral g-forces)

I guess they may be exciting for their target market, but my view on them is very 'meh'.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Steel wild mice are the most pointless coasters on Earth. I don't care how well you decorate them (Rattlesnake or Matterhorn Blitz), they are still boring as hell.

I wouldn't mind so much if they were built upside down, with the hairpins saved for the end. But instead they waste a third of their height by putting them at the top.

Why any park continues to build these in the twenty first century is beyond me.

From the Knott's Berry Farm FB page:

547103_10151314585990876_1116631489_n.jpg

#Idisliketheuseofthathashtag

Good lord that is gringeworthy.

A mouse with individual lap bars? Whatever will they think of next?!
All they need to do now is stop building wild mice and start building good coasters instead. ;)

Knott's Berry Farm removing Perilous Plunge

Hmmm
Uses the same seats/restrains as on flying fish, but on a wild mouse, very weird
Will be comfortable though!

Those restraints look good, really comfy too!

My main gripe with wild mouses is the sharing of restraints, I hate sharing restraints :p

Calico Mine Ride at Knott's might be in for an update soon as fresh concept art has been found here.

Screamscape said:
2014 - Calico Mine Ride Rehab / Camp Snoopy 30th Anniversary - Confirmed -
(11/20/13) Knott’s Berry Farm made their big 2014 announcement a few hours ago and it is pretty much what I had been hearing. Camp Snoopy will celebrate its 30th Anniversary in 2014 and will be revitalized and improved in time to reopen in Summer 2014. A number of still secret updates are on the way, which will include some new rides as well.
The other major project for 2014 is the complete restoration and updating of the park’s famous Calico Mine Ride. The Calico Mine Ride opened in 1960 and is one industrys most well known dark rides, created by pioneer Bud Hurlbut. Guests board ore cars and are taken on “a realistic adventure through dimly lit tunnels of a working gold mine. The winding journey takes passengers to underground lakes, waterfalls, caverns filled with thousands of mysterious formations, chambers filled with steaming, bubbling pots and geysers. At several points in the trip, riders find themselves along the rim of a sixty five foot deep and ninety foot wide scene filled with dozens of animated miners trying to strike it rich.”
Following in the footsteps of the fantastic update of the park’s Timber Mountain Log Ride, Knott’s Berry Farm will team up with Garner Holt Productions to update the Calico Mine Ride. In January 2014 the attraction will close for this epic restoration that will fill the mountain with over 50 new state-of-the-art animatronic figures, all new audio and lighting effects systems and new special effects to tell the story of the Calico miners. Look for the new version of the Calico Mine Ride to open in Summer 2014.

Not knowing anything about the history of the ride, I thought it was a bit rubbish but had potential so this refurb is good news. :)

So it appears that the park have given up on their Wind Seeker and it will be heading of to Worlds of Fun to see whether they have any joy with it:

1424528_691153520896755_1893499455_n.jpg

Photo from Theme Park Review.

*BUMP* Knotts have announced a new dark ride for 2015!

https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/new-for-2015-voyage-to-the-iron-reef?mobile=0

VOYAGE TO THE IRON REEF - SURFACING SPRING 2015

A spectacular new interactive 4-D attraction is coming to the Boardwalk at Knott's Berry Farm next year. Surfacing in spring 2015, Voyage to the Iron Reef adds high-tech fun for everyone.

Ever since construction crews finished expanding the Boardwalk pier in 2013, guests have happily enjoyed the many new attractions like Coast Rider and Surfside Gliders. But all that activity on the Boardwalk shores has reawakened a mystic lair in the depths below, filled with creatures who have risen up to wreak havoc on the classic So Cal theme park.

The Queen of the Kraken and her aquatic army have surfaced to feed on the steel of any attraction within their grasps. Their unquenchable appetite for coaster metal has turned these creatures into swimming mechanical monsters unlike anything ever before seen on the ocean floor. Only you can save Knott’s from the mysterious creatures that are emerging from the seas beneath the Boardwalk!

If you have what it takes to become a brave deep sea navigator, climb aboard the four-person submarine and embark on the four-minute gaming adventure into the Iron Reef. Equipped with your interactive freeze ray, aim for ballooning puffer fish, an iron clad octopus and hundreds of other menacing 3-D creatures to save Knott’s from a watery doom. You will be surrounded at every turn by enchanting underwater forests, disorienting ocean current tunnels, and mysterious mechanical wreckage that will be brought to life through high definition 3-D animation and other special effects.

The attraction reacts to your actions making each interactive voyage a different experience. In addition to battling the Queen of the Kraken and her hundreds-strong aquatic army, compete head-to-head with the other sailors in your submarine to see who can blast the most creatures.

Voyage to the Iron Reef is the centerpiece of an exciting 2015 at Knott’s Berry Farm. For project updates and park information, visit knotts.com or download the Knott's Berry Farm app for your smart phone. Join the conversation about the new attraction using the hashtag #KnottsIronReef on the Knott’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter page.

Apparently Knott's have had to shut one of their scare attractions because it offended the poor little SJWs.

(NSWF warning, naughty words in this video)