Kolmården: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Sam, 6th Mar 2014.

1. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

Sorry to bump this thread - I will be visiting kolmården next Thursday but will only have about 5 hours in the park. Most of this time will probably be wildfire rerides - any must see attractions in the park I should also try and visit? The cabel car safari also sounds pretty good

2. Ted

Ted TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    @Doublethink The Cable Car Safari is a must and there's also 2 kiddie creds there as well. I say also take your time and explore the place :)

3. Doublethink

Cheers. I wasn't quite happy with things so canceled one day of my hostel in Gothenberg and am going to get a full 10-8 on park. It has the cost of sleeping on an overnight train but should give me a much more satisfying day!

Charlie Newbold and Ted like this.
  4. Doublethink

Well I'm on my way to park, just seen a kolmården ride opp get onto my bus so I assume I'm on the right one! Getting here has been a bit of an adventure but can't wait to try out wildfire and see what looks like an amazing park!

Matt N and RicketyCricket like this.
  5. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

I’m catching the bus from the train station to the park next month. Can you you pay card or cash on the bus?

Doublethink likes this.
  6. Doublethink

I used the app for the bus company OTG which worked fine its basicly return £14 from norrköping Station. The 433 runs every 30 mins and goes back well after park close at 8. I think the only other option is a pre loaded travel card. The app wasn't easy to use. You need to get the regional ticket.

Also praise the coaster gods for wildfire will be opening today! Waiting for non hotel guest opening outside at the moment. There are automatic vending machines for tickets by the main entrance if you arive before park open.

7. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

My train will arrive into Kolmården from Stockholm. So will need to get the bus from the station to the Zoo.

My onward train to Gothenburg will be from Norrköping, so will take the bus to there.

Was hoping they took card on the bus. I’ve watched the TPWW travel vlogs, but he doesn’t mention payment methods on the bus.

Is the £14 regional ticket good for use all day?

8. Doublethink

I got it as two singles as its about 50p cheeper than the day ticket but its good all day as far as I'm aware.

Oh my god. Wildfire, instant no 1. Beating out mako. Utterly berserk ride with crazy airtime. The pull over on the back is brutal and some fantastic airtime where ever you sit. Brilliant reride policy here, already on 6 rides in 30 mins. I need a breather!

Eddit 2: I feel embarrassed for Chessington
    This is everything that park should be.

Last edited: 25th Jul 2019
    Matt N likes this.
  9. Cheese

Cheese TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix, Liseberg
    Not that Chessington deserves defense against such a claim, but from my recollection of Kolmarden the two parks aren't exactly comparable. One's a tiny zoo turned theme park that's a shadow of what it was even 8 years ago, and the other is still a vast zoo built over a series of very steep hills. It just happens to have a cable car safari ride, a theme park style IP-based kids' area, and a chuffing huge RMC tucked away in a corner.

Charlie Newbold, Ted, Alsty and 2 others like this.
  10. Danny

Danny TPWW's no.1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    The only realistic similarity is they've shared a set of animals.