• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kolmården: General Discussion

Two days I was there it was on a very low queue time with one train. The line is massive, built to hold around 2 hours but on both days it was walk on most of the time and at peak reached the bottom of the stairs. I would love it to be a massive success business wise but from what I saw, it has flopped in terms of attracting people from across Sweden. Majority of riders were after the dolphin show, or people who weren't Swedish and were purely there for Wildfire.

An update on Wildfire from this Sweedish website:
Sweedish website (translated) said:
Wildfire does not need to be demolished

Next week, construction and environmental protection committee in Norrkoping to take a formal decision to Kolmården animal park's roller coaster Wildfire does not need to start to be demolished, despite the fact that a building permit is missing.

The building permit was lost in the judgment in Land and Environmental Court last year, and when it disappears usually require demolition.

It says the Chairman Reidar Svedahl.

- Those who are against the construction think that was mentioned shall impose Kolmarden tear, but we will not do.

He believes that this decision will apply as long as the process surrounding the roller coaster going on. A new plan for the area where the runway is located is underway according Svedahl.

- As long as the process is ongoing and there is hope for a building permit, it will be left in place, then we do not remove a nail.

He says that the municipality does not interfere in about djurgården choose to use the track or if they choose to keep it closed for the season.

- The decision we leave to Kolmarden Zoo.

Basicially as long as the process of obtaining some sort of building permit is ongoing, Wildifire can be left as it is. And Kolmarden can open the coaster if they wish to.

:)

Screamscape have reported a month ago in an article on Looopings that Wildfire will not be torn down after all. It may well just be a case of getting the paperwork sorted out again. Which is something of a relief, frankly!

Hoping it reopens and I can get out to it one day. For me it was the impressive POV I had seen.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Kolmården confirms: Wildfire will reopen this summer!

thumb_269c44aad7e46374ee2396cb6b76cba3_660_300_0.jpg

The Swedish animal and theme park Kolmården confirmed today that their wooden roller coaster 'Wildfire' will finally reopen during this summer holiday. When exactly will be communicated later.

Finally, Wildfire will soon open again after almost eight months of closure. The construction license of the RMC coaster was withdrawn in October last year due to possible negative noise disturbance for the environment, with uncertainty about Wilfdire's continued existence.

Early 2017, the Swedish construction and environmental committee decided not to break down the roller coaster, but Kolmården had to make a new detailed destination plan for the zone where Wildfire is located in. That plan has been submitted and is expected to be approved by the authorities next Monday. That means Wildfire will finally be able to reopen this summer holiday. That news has already officially been announced on the park's website: "Wildfire reopens soon! Soon more information about the magical reopening date."

Source: http://www.pretparken.be/article/1790/Kolmarden bevestigt: Wildfire heropent deze zomer!

Great news!

Was literally thinking last night that we'd heard nowt for ages too...

Let's hope it stays open till next year...

I have a Gröna Lund/Kolmården/Liseberg trip planned for later this year travelling by train and will likely to have small carry-on suitcase with me when I arrive at Kolmården.

Does anyone know if they have storage lockers onsite?

I see that Norrköping Central station have lockers, but it would be more convenient if they had some at the zoo.

I have a Gröna Lund/Kolmården/Liseberg trip planned for later this year travelling by train and will likely to have small carry-on suitcase with me when I arrive at Kolmården.

Does anyone know if they have storage lockers onsite?

I see that Norrköping Central station have lockers, but it would be more convenient if they had some at the zoo.

I'm fairly confident there weren't any locker facilities throughout the zoo, however you may have some luck at the entrance. Otherwise the station would be your best bet (saves you lugging it to and from the park on public transport anyway).

Thanks. I’ll try and get in touch with the park once the season is in full swing. They’ve read, but not replied to two messages I’ve sent recently asking the question.

Does anyone know how reliably wildfire opens and operates ? It's the main draw of the park for me and I have visions of getting to park and it being closed....

I've not seen anything negative about Wildfire's reliability; it operated fine when we visited and that wasn't long after it opened. The queues are also minimal.

I've not seen anything negative about Wildfire's reliability; it operated fine when we visited and that wasn't long after it opened. The queues are also minimal.
Excellent :) that is a bit of a relief to hear. Really looking forward to trying my first RMC coaster