• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Layout Geek League 2013-14

DiogoJ42 said:
This annoys me. It's very familiar, but I can't place it. :(
It took me a while to get past BPB's Nick Streak, but I was pretty sure it was a classic woodie of some description.

Next one:
layout_zps77fb8d86.png

First clue: another operating coaster at this park received major modifications a few years after opening.

I keep thinking Whizzer at Six Flags Great America, with Demon/Turn of The Century being the modified coaster, but that would be an off the shelf Speed Racer I think...

It's not Whizzer, and this ride has a custom layout. I'm not counting that as a clue, as it's one of the rules!

I agree, that doesn't count as a clue (though I'm starting to think I may need another one tbh!)

I keep thinking it looks a bit Arrow Suspended-y, but it doesn't seem to match any of the ones left standing.

I'm stumped so I'm just going to have a random guess at Jaguar! at Knott's Berry Farm...

Another (preferably more helpful) clue is needed I think!

Yeah, I'm struggling to think of notable coasters that were modified :p

All I can think of is Phantom at Kennywood, Demon at SFGA, and if you want to count all the grief it caused Windjammer at Knott's (Although that isn't operating anymore like you said) and I can't manage to fit that layout into any of their coasters on satellite view.

The large double helix in the middle reminds me of the first drop after the second lift hill on the Bat but I'm pretty sure it ends up pointing in the wrong direction and the rest of the layout doesn't fit.

OK, as we're still getting nowhere: the park added a new coaster in 2013.

That should narrow it down a bit!

Sorry, it's not Xcelerator, but it is Leviathan, well done CGM. Didn't think that one would take too long.