• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Layout Geek League, 2015-16

I was pretty certain of it, but then was unsure after watching a POV, as it has one extra double back :p

Will have to wait till it get home from work for my layout :)

That puts you in second place now Sam.

Leaderboard:
Rupert: 20 points.
Sammy: 15points.
CGM: 10 points.
DiogoJ42: 10 points.
Rob: 4 points.
Martin: 4 points.

Of course, the big question on everybody's lips is, "where is @John in this year's competition?" Is the old champion planning some kind of late stage blitz to put us all to shame?

As promised, here's a layout now I've finished at work! Hopefully it's not too obvious!

Layout%204_zpsqf7nnqnk.jpg

Slight problem, I don't have any way of producing the next one other than MS paint so will have to think of something that's all straights and uniform curves

You can still make an acceptable layout with Paint, it just takes a bit of effort. I usually make my curves out of many short straights.

Sorry about the delay, I'm currently in South Wales with work - very busy and only occasional internet access.

Anyway, here's mine:
coaster1_zps2zcfcahz.png

A very nicely drawn layout, old bean. ;)
I've just been through every single coaster listed on RCDB as having a helix with no luck. :/ Errr... Jaguar at Knott's Berry Farm?

Last edited:
Damn, I've sodding been on that and was literally only looking at it the other day when trying to guess another coaster!! :p

That makes up for me thinking Sammy's last layout was a reversed knockoff of a Vekoma mine train, so I spent ages looking through hundreds of Golden Horse coasters!

Sorry for the bad curves:

Layout%2015_zpscqhzwhj8.png