• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland California: General Discussion

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
300px-Legoland_California_logo.svg.png

Screamscape has reported that Legoland in California is further ahead with construction of its new hotel than they'd thought they were going to be:

2013 - Legoland Hotel - (12/19/12) Legoland California reports that their new official Legoland Hotel is ahead of schedule and will be ready to open on April 5th.

A look at some of the rooms...

db_2012_0924_LLH_KingdomPremium1.jpg

db_2012_0924_LLH_PiratePremium1.jpg

db_2012_0924_LLH_Premium_Adventure_Room1.jpg

I've already mentioned it in the Legoland Florida topic, but I'll also mention here that Legoland California and Florida are to receive a new 4D attraction based on the theme 'Legends of Chima'.

Screamscape have posted some details regarding a competition for
2013 - Legoland Hotel - (1/18/13) Legoland California reports (see new pics!) that their new Legoland Hotel will be ready to open for guests starting April 5th. As part of this, they have begun a national Junior Concierge contest for children between 8 – 12 who have a passion for LEGO, love theme parks, adventure and fun. Six winners will be selected and win a free weekend at the Legoland California Resort with their families and two-day Resort Hopper passes. Plus cool LEGO products! For details on how to apply, click here.

db_2013_0118_LegolandHotel11.jpg

db_2013_0118_LegolandHotel21.jpg

db_2013_0118_LegolandHotel31.jpg

Ooh exactly the same as Windsor, and no doubt the other parks, had.

Spose if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Just not very exciting news for us lot.

I suspect this hotel doesn't have to camouflage its top storey to avoid standing out behind trees too much like Windsor's does. If that's the case why would they do a Windsor and paint the top storey green? I know they've obviously cloned it as closely as possible, but even so that's just bizarre.

It's painted green at the top to fit in with the trees? Really? What about the glaringly obvious terracotta roof above that? Or the blue towers above that?

The green is pretty subtle and works with other colours perfectly. No need to go with something different if it works.

New photos of the hotel have been sent out by the park recently:

db_2013_0204_LegoHotel231.jpg

db_2013_0204_LegoHotel61.jpg

db_2013_0204_LegoHotel91.jpg

db_2013_0204_Legohotel241.jpg

Legends of Chima 4D is opening today. I assume there will be a few pictures in a day or so. :)