• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Dark Ride For California and Billund

The ride system is from Triotech, same company that produced the dark ride that opened at Knotts this year. I have also noticed that while most Merlin parks get a major investment every 4 years now, the Billund park gets a major investment every two years, (2010: the temple, 2012: polar explorer, 2014: Ghost)

I think it's because it's their most popular brand.

let's hope Windsor gets one of these for everyone to enj... oh - the council have barred it.

These new rides sound highly exciting. I love how most of Lego's latest new rides have been dark rides as I've always considered them great additions to the parks.

Shane Winssors got so many difficulties with the 'cancel' right now.

Gimmicky dark rides are usually poor.

This sounds exceptionally fiddly.

Gimmicky dark rides?

Was Spiderman a gimmicky dark ride?
Was Indiana Jones a gimmicky dark ride?
Gringotts?

What makes a gimmicky dark ride? Surely it's just a ride that tries something new.

I don't agree with your comment. No-one's ridden this yet - so we can't say it's poor :)

Was Spiderman a gimmicky dark ride?
Was Indiana Jones a gimmicky dark ride?
Gringotts?

Spiderman and Indiana Jones do something new but they aren't gimmicky - the movement of the vehicles is an integral part of the ride.

Gringotts is gimmicky, yeah, and it isn't very good because of it.

The hand thing sounds gimmicky. Obviously nobody has ridden it yet - that is why we speculate and predict about things on forums. Otherwise every topic would be locked until the ride opened. :neutral: