• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor (1st Oct)- first trip in 6 years.

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
It was exciting to go to Legoland after so long. My parents, my 6-year-old brother and I arrived at 9.45 am, 15 minutes before it opened.
When the gates opened, the first thing we did was Jolly Rocker. We were right at the back, and it was fun, but it wasn't as good as Blue Barnacle. It was on par with The Blade, though.
Next, we did The Dragon. We waited around 30 minutes. It was good to admire the theming in the area, considering how long I have been away from Legoland. The indoor part was very good, with a great amount of theming. The outdoor portion surprised me. It was just as good as I remembered (good in this case meaning fun and deceptively fast). I wish that there was theming in the outdoor portion, though.
Next, my dad and I did Pirate Falls. It was a lot better, and much wetter, than I remembered. The drop was very fun, but the best parts were the pieces of theming before and after the drop that squirted water at you (I love getting wet, as TS Discord can confirm, although my dad is the opposite, and did not enjoy this ride much). The theming was good. I enjoyed the scene just before the drop, because it had a decent amount of detail, and I had previously forgotten that there was a scene there.
Next was Spinning Spider. We waited for 5 minutes. It was OK and decent for what it is.
Next was the Fairytale Brook water ride. I hadn't been on this before, and it was a nice surprise. It was relaxing, and Aladdin's Cave was by far my favourite part. All of the scenes were executed decently.
Next was Duplo Dino Coaster, because I needed the cred. I went on this with my mum. We waited for 40 minutes, and it was perhaps the worst queue of my life, yes, worse than The Smiler's queue (there will be another contender for this later)! Whoever recorded the voice (who I assume represents the Dino) should be slapped in the face. It is  extremely annoying.  The ride itself? Inoffensive.
IMG_20231001_114800.jpg
After that, we spent an hour in Miniland looking at all the models. They were interesting to look at. My favourite was the one of 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin).
The next ride ended up being Flight of the Sky Lion, which I did on my own. I waited in the queue for 95 minutes. Said queue is extremely slow because the throughput is low. The queue is also a terrible cattle pen, which made it worse.
IMG_20231003_212933.jpg
The pre-show was unnecessary and rubbish. The ride was really good, though! The seats were very comfortable, and the duration was decent. It was also realistic, but not immersive. It was probably my favourite ride there.
Then, I met up with my parents and my brother and we did Deep Sea Adventure. It was OK, but I remember it being much better.
Finally, we did Haunted House Monster Party. The theming inside is good. The preshow was decent. The ride itself was more forceful than Hex (although my brother thought that it was 'rubbish'), and there was a nice scent in the room suitable to its dining room location. However, as an experience, Hex is much better.
The park then closed soon after. I was pleased with my day, and it hopefully won't be 6 years until I am back again.

Last edited:
Great trip report! Can't believe you've reported on HHMP and not mentioned what an absolute banger the soundtrack is! 😂 Glad you had a good time 😊

I'm heading to Legoland next Weds - Fri with my youngest son so keeping fingers crossed that Fairytale Brook is operating as it was closed during our last visit & is such a sweet little water ride!

95 mins for sky lion?!

Disappointed by the lack of certain rides like Rocket Racers, Boneshaker and Extreme Team.