• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Ironically, Merlins Magic Castle at Walibi Holland is a good example of how to theme a Vekoma Madhouse on a budget...

This is just another typical ‘that’ll do’ attraction from Merlin, which is no more than I expected.

So I thought I'd have a look at Denmark's version of the Haunted House to see how well they'd themed that, and surprisingly they've themed the whole building. I know in comparison the building is a little larger to house the madhouse but both attractions are still pretty big. So why we've got the sh!t end of the stick I don't know?

Oh my lord this is bad such a shame that you can see the warehouse.

Makes me glad we have the haunted house at AT

I mean it's terrible especially considering the nature of madhouse rides, surely seeing the warehouse completely ruins the illusion before you've even gone inside the building?

Might as well not have bothered.

Isn't the average height of their target audience like 3 foot tall? Nobody that size is gonna look up on the roof.

I mean it's terrible especially considering the nature of madhouse rides, surely seeing the warehouse completely ruins the illusion before you've even gone inside the building?

Might as well not have bothered.

Ehhh, a lot of Madhouses are literally just the building (see Villa Volta, Merlin's Castle and others), it's just more a case of not bothering to theme the warehouse (which is what literally everyone else does)...

^The name was announced in April:
Legoland have announced their 2019 project: The Haunted House - Monster Party!

30595165_10155525617708364_2088979466977913009_n.jpg

Looks like a newly thought out version of the previously planned Ghost attraction but with a Madhouse at the end rather than ABC drop towers.

This should be a good addition for the park and may even tempt me back, it would be a shame not to sample a new Madhouse!

:)

After taking another look at the plans I was surprised to see that this Mad House (unlike many others) is built on top of the ground as opposed to being partly in a basement, which means to enter the spinning room and pre-show you actually have to go up a flight of stairs (or use the lift for disabled access). Also, the latest photo of the front facade:

52932092_10156221714838364_6417067704460509184_n.jpg

Yes, I'm also surprised about that. I understand that it might save a load of money, but if they were going to go down that route you'd think they'd use a ramp rather than stairs and a lift. I know a ramp might take a little more space, but it won't break down like a lift might and it seems like less faff.

To be honest the front looks like it has been done on the cheap as surely it should look like lego blocks have built it like the castle by the dragon coaster not just painted cement rendering. Although I hope now I have said this they don't paint the blocks like they have on mias pony ride thing. The escapism of this place is the fact it looks like it's built of lego not just themed to it!

We are taking our little lad for his first ever visit at Easter Hols for his bday. Yes I know it's going to be very very busy :(

Any advice for a first timer (other than don't go hahahaha) Is there a certain way to navigate the park to minimize queues like at Towers etc? Really don't fancy waiting 1hr plus for every ride there if we can help it.

We are taking our little lad for his first ever visit at Easter Hols for his bday. Yes I know it's going to be very very busy :(

Any advice for a first timer (other than don't go hahahaha) Is there a certain way to navigate the park to minimize queues like at Towers etc? Really don't fancy waiting 1hr plus for every ride there if we can help it.

It might be worth looking into the Q-Bot system if the queues are really big. (Very expensive though I must admit- £25, £40 or £90 per person)

https://www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/parking-q-bot-and-extras/q-bot/

Yeah looked into the £20 ones where you can reserve your time to ride. I don't like fast pass usually and hardly ever buy them. However we live a 4 HR car journey away in Manchester so we don't get to the southern parks much if ever these days really. Probably be worth the extra £60 for the 3 of us this once. Probably wait till we get there and see first. We've got 2 days there so should still do everything.

Get there early, find out when the shows are on and work around those. Immedietly head as far away from the entrance as possible and you should be able to get one or two rides for less than an hour's queue. Take a packed lunch and avoid eating at Lunchtime. Remember the park closing time is the time the queues shut so make full advantage of this. Be aware that usually it takes forever to get out of the car park and you will be queuing down the hill on the way out.