• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Anyone know why the river raft and log flume rides are still closed? Seems crazy for Easter holidays. I hope they are open next week for our visit.

They’ve been open this season so it’s most likely just an issue today.

Checked the app a few times over last few days and they've been closed quite a lot.

Be good to have a full ride offering to disperse the crowds a bit.

Recent trip advisor reviews for Legoland don’t make for good reading. Virtually every one mentions a considerable number of rides that were closed all day. Usual shower of **** from Merlin.

Recent trip advisor reviews for Legoland don’t make for good reading. Virtually every one mentions a considerable number of rides that were closed all day. Usual shower of **** from Merlin.

Yea I'm not overly impressed with that the week before our very first visit.

New ride opens this weekend so if they have multiple attractions closed all hell will break loose.

They really are the worst Merlin.

Hi, I’m new to this forum but I hoped you all might be able to help:
I’m supposed to be going to LEGOLAND on Tuesday but I’ve seen on the twitter page and online that they seem to be having all sorts of reliability issues and staffing issues which is causing rides not to open. As well as this, their new ride opened today which is going to be extremely busy but I don’t mind not riding it. Do you think it would be worth me going on Tuesday expecting long queues or wait until the summer when reliability might be better but it might be busier? Thanks

I’m supposed to be going to LEGOLAND on Tuesday but I’ve seen on the twitter page and online that they seem to be having all sorts of reliability issues and staffing issues which is causing rides not to open. As well as this, their new ride opened today which is going to be extremely busy but I don’t mind not riding it. Do you think it would be worth me going on Tuesday expecting long queues or wait until the summer when reliability might be better but it might be busier? Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :)

Operations will typically be much better over the summer as they'll still be breaking in a lot of the new staff at the moment. This will mean that even if it feels busier, rides should cope better with the queues. Hopefully any teething issues with the new ride will have been ironed out by then as well.

Difficult to say - if you go this week then Pirate Falls, Sky Rider and Legoland Express will be closed (as well as any other rides that may close during the day) so these closures will force up the queue times for the other rides.

On top of that they do seem to be having issues with being short staffed. Whether that is a conscious decision to reduce staff numbers or delays in recruiting remains to be seen.

Legoland is always busy during school holidays, so you might be best off waiting until the summer and keeping an eye out to see if ride reliability and staffing improves over the next couple of months - if not you could go elsewhere, such as Paulton's Park.

The park is getting an absolute slating today. Loads of ride closures and breakdowns including the new HH attraction which is currently down. Long queues for everything including food. People people told there aren't enough staff to have everything open which is absolutely ridiculous for Easter Holidays and the opening day of a big new ride.

I'm almost regretting our decision to book for next week now. What a farce Merlin are. They can't do anything properly.

Interesting. Perhaps a complaint needs to go a bit higher? Doesn't lego still have a small part share in the parks? ( Correct me if I'm wrong? ) If so why not make a few comments on their website Facebook and Twitter accounts?

Find that really surprising about lack of staff, Merlin know Legoland is a cash cow and normally despite the long queues it is staffed correctly.

Find that really surprising about lack of staff, Merlin know Legoland is a cash cow and normally despite the long queues it is staffed correctly.

They pay low wages in a high cost of living area and employment rates are good at the moment so people have some choice.

I guess the new living wage increase and issues with the looming brexit situation and European workers doesn't help. But surely merlin should have planned for this as it won't just affect legoland but Thorpe Park, Chessington and all the merlin midway attractions in London. After all the investor warnings earlier this year regarding customer satisfaction and trip adviser reviews having a negative impact on the business you would have thought Merlin would have prepared better. What a poor show for a company second only to Disney.

Far from a first; there have been staffing issues for years across all Merlin sites.

It doesn't surprise me to read this, the park changed their staffing structure this year to reduce costs with each department merging into one with staff members expected to "cover" other areas (e.g. putting catering staff on rides) and therefore cutting out a lot of middle management and what they class as "excess" staff.

This information was available to read publicly on the park's job page, so hasn't come from any internal source.

So monster party is not going to open today, meaning 3 major rides are shut (monster party, laser raiders and pirate falls). Very annoying news

It doesn't surprise me to read this, the park changed their staffing structure this year to reduce costs with each department merging into one with staff members expected to "cover" other areas (e.g. putting catering staff on rides) and therefore cutting out a lot of middle management and what they class as "excess" staff.

This information was available to read publicly on the park's job page, so hasn't come from any internal source.

That's not quite how the staffing restructure works, at least not to my understanding. They have cut out a number of middle managers and merged multiple departments. But you won't see any cattering staff operating rides. It's more costly to have multi-skilled staff trained to do multiple jobs, and you can't just put an untrained staff member in these roles without violating so many legal requirements. However they can both have the same manager.