• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Just searching Legoland on twitter at the moment just shows how many people are fed up cant see anyone really saying they had a good day by looks of it as well the Legoland Twitter handler looks like they had fun with the generic copy and pasted messages

Just back at the hotel (off site). Absolute tragedy of a day. Easily one of my worst ever at a theme park and I've had plenty days out at parks in my 33 years of life believe me. We did 5 rides, watched a puppet show and the main Pirate Show and that was it. And we only did that many rides because we arrived an hr before the park opened. Had we arrived at 10.30 ish we'd have been lucky to do 3.

We have tickets to go back for day two tomorrow before leaving for home late afternoon and we've decided to not bother at all. Just not worth it. It's an absolute shambles. Too many people and the park and staff can't handle it. Think Disney crowds but appalling operations and service.

Currently in the process of trying to get some complimentary tickets to another Merlin Park as a refund isnt going to happen clearly.

Ah well you live and learn. Never again.

It boggles my mind that anyone would expect to have a GOOD time at any Merlin park during the easter holidays.
Or summer holidays.
Or bank holidays.
Or weekends.

.... Or ever, frankly.

If it was down to me we wouldnt have gone at all as I expected it. I had a little boy who didn't want a bday party with his friends as he wanted to go here. It's difficult to say no you can't. :(

I'm old enough and wise enough to know this but went in hope rather than expectation. Sadly it was false hope.

I hope he had a good birthday outing? Hopefully some of the issues you noticed went over his head?

I am sure a lot of us on here love theme parks so much because of the trips we had as kids. I know for me a trip to Alton Towers was the best thing in the WORLD as a kid. It’s a shame to think kids now might not get the same experiences. As I say hopefully the poor service and slow staff doesn’t factor in for the kids and they just remember the rides and Lego etc :)

It boggles my mind that anyone would expect to have a GOOD time at any Merlin park during the easter holidays.
Or summer holidays.
Or bank holidays.
Or weekends.

.... Or ever, frankly.
Yeah I can't be bothered with any of them now. Towers is still great day out though tbf.

Is there any space to expand legoland? It's pretty small considering how popular it is. They could do with a huge new area with a few high capacity rides

I hope he had a good birthday outing? Hopefully some of the issues you noticed went over his head?

I am sure a lot of us on here love theme parks so much because of the trips we had as kids. I know for me a trip to Alton Towers was the best thing in the WORLD as a kid. It’s a shame to think kids now might not get the same experiences. As I say hopefully the poor service and slow staff doesn’t factor in for the kids and they just remember the rides and Lego etc :)

He did like most of what we did, yes. He isn't 5 till next week so he's a bit unaware.

He doesn't even want to go back for day two though which says it all. And he was the only reason we booked to go.

We went three weeks ago and it was busy then, on a Saturday. Stayed in Bracknell the night before so got in pretty early. Ninjago was first up, then Atlantis. Both knocked off before 11. Other than that, it was a poor experience. Again.

There only ever seems to be one op per ride on the small, low throughput stuff. They take an age to open the exit gate, let people off, close the gate, open the entry gate, board people, lock the gate, amble I then hut, press the button, get taken by surprise that the ride has finished, slowlybealk to the exit gate etc.

Staffed by kids and run by muppets.

From my experience, Legoland often gets quite busy during holiday periods. I last visited in August 2017, and me and my nan waited over an hour for the Dragon. We didn't ride anything else, but that was because my mum was in a wheelchair at the time and it would have been mean to leave her waiting outside with someone for the length of time all the queues were. Still, it was better than not riding anything at all, and Dragon was a surprisingly good family coaster!

One thing I did notice about Legoland when busy, however, is that the paths are not very wide (relative to other theme parks e.g. Alton). Therefore, when there are a lot of people, it is quite hard to move around the park, and if I'm being honest, it made me a little nervous. I don't think Legoland was designed for the sort of numbers it gets, personally. Dragon is designed to run 3 trains, however, which is good; it's also a surprisingly fun coaster!

Some of the comments here have hit the nail on the head IMO, standards in this country are so bloody low now (in general also!) that people seem to accept anything. It may be rose tinted glasses but I don’t remember queues or service like this at Alton or pleasure beach when I was growing up(in to a geek, in the 90s)

I get legoland has been busier this week but there's definitely a huge contrast between your reviews and what I thought on Sunday. There's still a considerable number of non queue attractions, especially when compared with most other UK parks. You've got miniland, star wars, playgrounds, lego reef, shows and 4d shows.

What rides did you go on @Benjsh? I hope your son enjoyed them!

If you want any reassurance, I rode 1 ride at Legoland when I went in August 2017. And there are some people who don't ride anything at all.

Tomb Blaster should be a people eater but seems unreliable. Plus they board fastrack before the train rolls through to the main gates and don’t queue to the yellow line anymore so they don’t start the boarding process until the train has rolled in. Possibly understandable, without gates, but still.

I get legoland has been busier this week but there's definitely a huge contrast between your reviews and what I thought on Sunday. There's still a considerable number of non queue attractions, especially when compared with most other UK parks. You've got miniland, star wars, playgrounds, lego reef, shows and 4d shows.

The real Notre Dame is in better nick than miniland at the minute.

What rides did you go on @Benjsh? I hope your son enjoyed them!

If you want any reassurance, I rode 1 ride at Legoland when I went in August 2017. And there are some people who don't ride anything at all.

Dragon at roughly 10.10am. We were one of the first through the park gates so got on quickly.

Laiser Raiders at about 10.45am

Squid Surfer at 11.40.

Pirate show and Puppet show whilst we ate lunch.

All we did after lunch was fairytale boat ride as the queue was shortest and also Pirate ship which we regrettably waited 45 mins for.

The queues for everything else were 80mins or more and we didn't fancy it. Didn't even get to do Ninjago which we all wanted to do.

I'm sure it's a very different experience on an off-peak day but my lad is of school age and we don't like taking him out of school really unless its necessary.

Such a shame as we were all looking forward to it. Merlin just continue to disappoint.

I wish that people would just go to Paultons instead. A much, much better park that deserves people's money.

It's crazy that a park as busy as Legoland only has 2 coasters really, Paultons have 5!

Never been to Paultons. Being from Manchester it's not exactly on our doorstep. Kind of why we only visited Legoland for first time yesterday.

We are planning a visit to Paultons for next year. Seems like a good time too what with the new area opening.

I'm sure it's a far better day out than Legoland.

Never been to Paultons. Being from Manchester it's not exactly on our doorstep. Kind of why we only visited Legoland for first time yesterday.

We are planning a visit to Paultons for next year. Seems like a good time too what with the new area opening.

I'm sure it's a far better day out than Legoland.

For me, theme parks (especially around London) are a no go for me during school holidays and weekends. If you are from Manchester, I personally would have stuck with what you have up your way (BPB) during the Easter Hols. I would have saved a trip to Legoland for quieter day.

My diary is marked out in red for school holidays and amber for the weeks leading up to and after them as they can also be a bit busier than normal as well as some kids have school teachers day just after a school holiday which I've been caught out with before now.

For me, theme parks (especially around London) are a no go for me during school holidays and weekends. If you are from Manchester, I personally would have stuck with what you have up your way (BPB) during the Easter Hols. I would have saved a trip to Legoland for quieter day.

My diary is marked out in red for school holidays and amber for the weeks leading up to and after them as they can also be a bit busier than normal as well as some kids have school teachers day just after a school holiday which I've been caught out with before now.

We went because of my son. I wouldn't go to Legoland without him. It's not really aimed at me is it? So we had no choice but visit on a busy day. I wouldn't take him out of school for a theme park trip.

Seen a few adults there alone yesterday in the queue. I actually think it's pretty weird going to a children's theme park alone as an adult. Thorpe or Towers fair enough but going to a kids theme park where the rides are aimed at 2-12 years olds is very bizarre.
I
actually think you should have to have a kid with you to get in.