• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Merlin have done a deal with Ferrari to roll out IP Lego build attractions at their parks and Windsor will be one of the first.

From: https://twitter.com/legolandwindsor/status/1623613885713461251?s=46&t=L_1bxczfC88MYlx8CzLZOQ

This actually sounds like a great idea - a good IP to have in the portfolio too for Lego.

Merlin have done a deal with Ferrari to roll out IP Lego build attractions at their parks and Windsor will be one of the first.

From: https://twitter.com/legolandwindsor/status/1623613885713461251?s=46&t=L_1bxczfC88MYlx8CzLZOQ

Does it come with a life-size Lego Charles Leclerc? 😍

Not a bad little IP, guess this is going in the Imagination area of the park seeing its a dead zone these days.

kind of reminds me of the old Rocket Racers attraction which I still miss after this time.

At least with the Towers hotels there appears to be some form of desk still available to speak to staff. It’s very poor to remove all desks completely.
It is possible for staff to work without being behind a desk. Most major hotel chains are removing large desks and using small tables where the staff can come out to greet the guests more easily. If Legoland hotel still has staff available it might actually be better if they are in the open area where they can talk to children and those with access needs easier compared to being stuck behind a desk.

It’s very disappointing to see.

Thing is, you might expect to see physical desks condensed/removed in places like Premier Inns, Travelosges etc, but these are theme parks.

Unfortunately Merlin’s current hotel offering is Travelodge quality but prices comparable to 4/5 star Hilton’s if not more.

I understand theme park hotels are usually more expensive regardless but there needs to be a consistency of either doing a budget hotel with basic facilities or one with more premium aspects if they continue to charge significant prices.

A lot of the European park hotels have been better in both quality and value.

It used to be a bit more colourful / have extra theming and it looks to be have been condensed / simplified
Nahh, it's definitely far more colourful and vibrant now than the old reception area, which was dark and dingy. The carpet doesn't look great, but I'm fairly sure it's temporary - guess there may have been a delay on the final design.

Watched Coaster Crazy's vlog from brick week earlier, noted the following.

The mole's mining company is bordered off and so to are the stairs next to them.

The lighthouse has been completely removed but no visible progress on a replacement has happened yet.

I think the gift/sweet shop at the top of the hill train was shut for refurb but it might have been the hill train.

Lots of Gardening has happened around the park, with lots of new planting going on.

Apparently there's a new attraction going into the old Rocket Racers/ Star Wars buildinh soon although no details on what it is, or if it's officially having work done and not an internet rumour.

Looks like the extreme team slides have been removed and clearance for the new creds has taken place.

Also noticeable how out of date the Skyrider and 4D cinema are beginning to look now.

Apparently there's a new attraction going into the old Rocket Racers/ Star Wars buildinh soon although no details on what it is, or if it's officially having work done and not an internet rumour.

Will that not be the Ferrari thing they were teasing recently?

The accuracy of a lot of that seems laughable lol

I'm confused.

The shop was in a background shot so difficult to tell and the new attraction rumour has come from social media apparently but the rest is evidenced on the vlog.