• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

In other Lego news, tickets are now on sale for their new indoor crazy golf. It features four different themed 9 hole courses and it’s priced at £10 (£8 annual pass) in advanced or £13 (£10 annual pass) on the day for just one course!

However they are being generous by giving you 2 hours free parking (no idea how they will work as I assume their parking barriers just let you stay all day anyway).

It opens 29th July.

However they are being generous by giving you 2 hours free parking (no idea how they will work as I assume their parking barriers just let you stay all day anyway).
It’ll be like the Thorpe system, whereby your enfance time is logged on the system, and whereas you’d usually pay for a whole day, they’ll take your number plate and the system will let you out so long as your entrance was less than two hours ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll be like the Thorpe system, whereby your enfance time is logged on the system, and whereas you’d usually pay for a whole day, they’ll take your number plate and the system will let you out so long as your entrance was less than two hours ago

I’ve not been to Lego for a couple of years, has it now got the same barrier system as Thorpe? (God help the park of it has 😂).

Sometimes it feels like it takes nearly two hours alone to get out of the LLW car park at the end of the day! I’m exaggerating slightly but a two hour slot doesn’t seem that generous for getting in, getting a game of golf, and then getting back out again if you are leaving at a peak time.

It should be OK if the golf is using the old Premium Parking. It's close enough to the barriers that it won't take more than 15 minutes unless traffic stops completely.
And if the ticket has expired I'm sure pushing for assistance and pointing out the gridlocked traffic would be enough to get you through.

The real problem leaving Legoland is that the traffic backs up in Windsor. I've been stuck queueing on Winkfield road during rush hour on days the parks been closed before.
One fireworks night there was roadworks on Winkfield Road blocking the way into Windsor. Quickest time I've ever left the park after the fireworks. When all the cars are forced the other way it moves reasonably well.

I was at LLW today and it was DEAD. Walk on everything. If there were more than a couple of thousand on the park I'd be surprised. Surely a loss making off peak day like the good old days, and it was wonderful.
I'm guessing they won't mind much with a busy Easter approaching. It allows them to iron out issues. Great for those who can get down there on an off peak day.

I'm guessing they won't mind much with a busy Easter approaching. It allows them to iron out issues. Great for those who can get down there on an off peak day.

Yep, clearly some staff training going on. Certainly better than putting themselves under the pressure of completely filling the place up with weekend passholders then being surprised when it all goes wrong!

Just got back from Legoland. It was alright, busy though which as it’s Easter holidays and the riff raff (lower tier passholders like myself) are allowed back in after bank holiday it is expected. Although it was pretty quiet until around 11/12. We got on Monster Party after around 20mins (advertised 5mins), immersion slightly ruined by staff reading us the riot act about bags etc before the mad house portion. Fire and ice free fall after 30mins (advertised 25) - one guy operating the whole thing on his own, seems like a lot for one person and the time between cycles was longer than it needed to be because of this.

Got on Sky lion after 45minutes (advertised 35 but shot up to 70 shortly after we joined). Some absolute idiot got their phone out during sky lion and was filming, causing staff to do two announcements asking them to stop which totally ruined the immersion, and they still didn’t stop. The light from their phone kept catching my eye so that was nice. I hope they caught the bit where another guest bellowed “put your phone away!” from another row on their video. Idiot.

Unfortunately after lunch we weren’t so lucky with queue times or operations. Dragon broke down and we couldn’t really be bothered with a 70 min queue so we bailed on that.

Parts of the park looking a bit run down. I noticed the facade of Monster Party had bits peeling off and the Sky Lion queue line with those boarded up Lego tubs looks a mess. Installing those lego tubs was a total waste of time, they were never going to last. Should just remove them.

79F0AE5A-6CCC-44C4-A1B4-82DA3E719DAA.jpegB432D8F6-E995-4169-B33D-CD660B457B78.jpeg

We did the newish walkthrough bit in the Mythica area (name escapes me now), decent little area, nice way to kill 15minutes or so. There’s a tunnel in there for kids to crawl through, but sadly it’s been boarded up. One of the windows which is supposed to have some kind of Lego construction was empty as well. It is a shame as these little details matter imo and when done right can make a park look more polished.

Quite a lot of work going on around the park, hill train was being worked on, new coaster site had activity on it too as did the new accommodation area and the golf place. Most of these things are nothing but a building site from what I saw at the moment.

Kids went on Thunder Blazer, the small chair swing. I think they were actually sat waiting for the ride to start for longer than they were actually riding the ride, it took about 15 minutes after all the faffing, for the ride to finally get going.

Operations were underwhelming and inefficient, A lot of rides were on one staff operation when they could have benefited from at least 2 people. Particularly on fire and ice, even sky lion had the one batching staff member being run ragged between the reserve and ride and stand by queues.

An alright day was had, if we’d planned things better in the morning we probably could have got more done so that was our own fault. Kids were happy to get on a couple of their favourites so that’s the main thing. But it doesn’t absolve the merlin of the responsibility of their abysmal operations which sadly seems to be a running theme across their parks at the moment.