• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

This park has become depressing with broken and rotten themeing. I agree with this sign, go to a better Legoland by far.

PXL_20230512_114655945.jpg
I can't say I agree with that, I'd say Legoland is the best kept Merlin park in this country by far. There's a been a lot of money ploughed in over the last few years to refurbish the park. Knights Kingdom, Heartlake City, The Beginning, Miniland, Lego City and Duplo Valley have all had considerable refurbs to name a few.

I can't say I agree with that, I'd say Legoland is the best kept Merlin park in this country by far. There's a been a lot of money ploughed in over the last few years to refurbish the park. Knights Kingdom, Heartlake City, The Beginning, Miniland, Lego City and Duplo Valley have all had considerable refurbs to name a few.
Have you been recently? We have always been Legoland fans but recently went for my youngests 5th birthday (April 17th/18th). The park itself was looking very worn, thought many of the rides exteriors looked shabby (even Monster Party & Flight of the Sky Lion), this extended to complete ride areas in some cases! Miniland was looking very unloved (although they were working on a new area), operations were extremely poor (staff made reference to not having enough colleagues on multiple occasions) and with the hill train under a refurb, it was a slog getting up to the main entrance, especially with disabilities in the party. My son also used the sensory space - a wonderful idea - unfortunately, many of the facilities were either visibly damaged or not working which was a shame.

That said, the Castle Hotel was excellent! Staff were on the ball, friendly and engaging, the room was fun (Wizard), plus they'd added some birthday extras which my son loved! We were also very surprised by the Tournament Tavern, brilliant service and enjoyable, well presented food, that was actually extemely reasonably priced! A strong 'premium' offering for sure.

Overall, it was our worst experience at the Legoland park to date but I'll give them some benefit of the doubt as there's a lot of development underway which I'm sure will bring improvements in the fullness of time!

Yeah I wasn’t too impressed with my visit to Legoland a few weeks back. I think I posted in this thread but as above some areas are looking very tired and they seem to be chronically understaffed on many rides which means wait times are ridiculous even for the smaller rides and times are often inaccurate on the app. Credit to the ride ops though, they were trying on our visit but they can only do so much operating rides on their own.

Last edited:
Billund seems a lot less tired and their Miniland is miles better, even including a working lock system for the boats. The trains are the most obvious comparison. Billund's is a joy, Windsor's is overgrown and miserable in places

I haven't been this year yet but I thought last year it was looking very good. But maybe it's gone down hill? I'll have to see when I next go.

That whole park is downhill ...

I don't remember a right lot about Miniland at Billund. The Windsor one always feels far more substantial than the newer ones (or even the newer parts of  it). I am not sure what the spend difference would be between what they did then vs. now.

Someone on this board will know but might not be able to say.

Reactions: Tim
This park has become depressing with broken and rotten themeing. I agree with this sign, go to a better Legoland by far.

PXL_20230512_114655945.jpg

Everyone talks about mould in the Haunted House and nobody is doing anything about it. Everyone complains about it. Some People working in there get ill and cannot work in the ride, only outside. Not only is it appalling that they keep this ride open for the general public but to get staff to stay there all day tops it off.

Last edited:
Most rides were walk on today.

Meanwhile Wave Surfer (or whatever they call it this week) was on a 30 minute queue on one turntable.

Gone is the magic theatre, gone is the explorers institute.

No skeleton bay show

Legoland Express has to wait 5 minutes after locking all the doors before being allowed to depart.

Laser Raiders is a terrible ride.

Nothing in the old star wars/rocket racers building.

At least Deep Sea Adventure is an improvement.

Legoland are building themselves into a corner.

The entrance plaza isn't fit for purpose.

We witnessed someone with Pre booked Etickets asked for ID. What does this prove? What if you don't have ID?

What's the long term plan for the park? There's going to be lots of hardware that needs replacing or refurbishment soon surely?

Very disappointed with Legoland today.

Brilliant 3D models but mixed with terrible quality 2D cardboard cutouts.

Standards are slipping.

Attachments

• IMG_20230512_123833179_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20230512_123833179_MFNR.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230512_120340641_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230512_120340641_HDR.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20230512_120239363_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20230512_120239363_MFNR.jpg
    650 KB · Views: 50
It's bad that Thorpe looked less rundown and miserable when me and @MattyH bailed at lunch time. Also with Aramark involved, we'd rather use the KFC at Thorpe over a Merlin eatery

I mean let's not forget people like to moan for the sake of it on here. I'm the first person to say if something isn't looking it's best but it's certainly not as bad as it's made out to be above.

-The beginning literally got refurbished last year with new facades a new shop and a new coffee shop so it can't be looking that bad.

-Planet Legoland is in the Star Wars building

-Ferrari Build and Race has replaced a run down building

-There's been a considerable new attraction every year, the most out of any of the Merlin Parks by far.

And that's to name a few. I think some people need to realise the rides are not aimed at them, they're aimed at school children. I like to visit Legoland each year for a few of the rides but I'm still under no illusion that I am not the target market.

Most rides were walk on today.

Meanwhile Wave Surfer (or whatever they call it this week) was on a 30 minute queue on one turntable.

Gone is the magic theatre, gone is the explorers institute.

No skeleton bay show

Legoland Express has to wait 5 minutes after locking all the doors before being allowed to depart.

Laser Raiders is a terrible ride.

Nothing in the old star wars/rocket racers building.

At least Deep Sea Adventure is an improvement.

Legoland are building themselves into a corner.

The entrance plaza isn't fit for purpose.

We witnessed someone with Pre booked Etickets asked for ID. What does this prove? What if you don't have ID?

What's the long term plan for the park? There's going to be lots of hardware that needs replacing or refurbishment soon surely?

Very disappointed with Legoland today.

Brilliant 3D models but mixed with terrible quality 2D cardboard cutouts.

Standards are slipping.

None of these pictures look bad to me? I think you could pick these minor faults in any parks to be honest (currently in movie world Aus)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
None of these pictures look bad to me? I think you pick these minor faults in any parks to be honest (currently in movie world Aus)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So with the new walk through, the models are great. The pixelated 2D backdrops less so. HHMP is good, the rotten and mouldy frontage is not. And it carries on like that.

Me and Matt are LEGO fans. The target audience in a way. The park was a mess sadly.

When I visited a month or so ago I thought the park looked generally tidier and better kept than it did last season. There are some glaring exceptions, including SkyLion queue area which as the last big investment should still look shiny and new but is tatty as hell, but I think at least some effort is being made.

With two fairly large and intrusive bits of building going on it can't help but leave a bit of an impression overaĺl, but there's no avoiding that really.

There's one glaringly obvious thing.

LEGOland has a distinct lack of LEGO.

There are some huge areas within the queue lines where Lego should be provided to entertain while queuing.

Emmet's flying adventure had lego to distract from the horrible queue.

Attachments

• IMG_20230512_102224580_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20230512_102224580_MFNR.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 57
  • original_c403f56a-195b-4b93-ba0d-39b0bfd13ef7_IMG_20220822_121208-1.jpg
    original_c403f56a-195b-4b93-ba0d-39b0bfd13ef7_IMG_20220822_121208-1.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 57