• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

I can remember that opening brand new! Its not even twenty years old. Guessing its still fall-out from the Drayton Manor incident.
Me too! My guess was rapids fall-out, perhaps operational/maintenance issues and the fact it was quite a drab, sad looking thing...

Scott O'Neil is openly a fan of the Legoland brand so wouldn't be surprised to see some real love and care going into Windsor over the coming years!

Sooo … Ninjago coaster ? It’s a great spot for a terrain woodie and Wickerman has shown how much appeal that ride type has
I don't really see a woodie being a good fit at a Legoland park myself and one of the likes of wickerman I'd say that's more of the thrill level suited for Chessington.
With the southern Merlin parks being close together Merlin have nailed the 3 parks going for different audiences to maximize each of their attendances and not to compete with eachother.

I don't really see a woodie being a good fit at a Legoland park myself and one of the likes of wickerman I'd say that's more of the thrill level suited for Chessington.
With the southern Merlin parks being close together Merlin have nailed the 3 parks going for different audiences to maximize each of their attendances and not to compete with eachother.
LEGOLAND Windsor actually has far fewer family thrill attractions than its counterparts. In the other versions there’s family inverts, a woodie, Zierer Drop coaster, not to mention the family wingrider. A family wood coaster at a similar thrill level to the old Jungle Coaster (which was deceptively tall for a kids park) would really round out the offerings

There are so many options for the space, but I imagine very little will be done until they're new duelling boomerang opens. I hope I'm wrong, but they will probably leave a large amount of the rapids in place until the funding is allocated and there ready to start building the replacement attraction. Although perhaps the Lego brand is strong enough that they don't want to leave the park looking a mess, I wouldn't know I've never visited, mainly going on the previous Merlin approach to this sort of thing.

Very surprised to hear this ride is being removed. However it’s definitely had strong reliability issues in recent years and has probably been losing popularity amongst rising maintenance costs.

The ride had strong potential in its opening years, but was let-down by removed effects and cost cutting. Not to mention was probably one of the biggest eye-sores to the park due to poor landscapin.

So this is likely a case of 'It's knackered, it's too costly to fix, let's just's rip it out' - as opposed to a more strategic decision...

Could be this, but could it also be staffing issues? A lot of additional spotters were added over the last couple of years, presumably in response to the HSE report. It seemed extremely staff heavy…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well good riddance. I remeber it being built, and it was fun when it opened but there was a lot of broken effects the last time I rode it and it used to always have a big queue, one of the biggest cattlepens I've ever experienced.