• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Why do Merlin insist on ‘theming’ buildings to look like local authority built leisure centres from the early 90s?

This ‘attempt’ at disguising the show building is pants.

IMG_5320.jpeg

Credit: Concept image from Merlin Entertainments. (You know the second biggest attraction operator in the world).

Never personally been a fan of the oversized LEGO look. Always feels like any theme in which you are "shrunk down" can very easily look tacky if not done properly.
I think the LEGO Stores, House, and also the main store in Windsor get the style right by using tiles that create the feel of LEGO.

Why do Merlin insist on ‘theming’ buildings to look like local authority built leisure centres from the early 90s?

I'm guessing so they can be very easily and cheaply repurposed when they are bored of/not extracting enough cash from/cant fix whatever it is they've put in there.

This ‘attempt’ at disguising the show building is pants.

IMG_5320.jpeg

Credit: Concept image from Merlin Entertainments. (You know the second biggest attraction operator in the world).

I know what you mean but I actually don’t mind it to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is Legoland to visit as an adult?
I haven't been since I was really little so I assumed it was more for kids, but I keep hearing good things about it recently.

I haven't been since I was really little so I assumed it was more for kids, but I keep hearing good things about it recently.

It's entertaining enough. While theres lots of rids suitable for kids, and everything is aimed at kids, there's surprisingly not much not suitable for adults. It's obviously devoid of anything actually thrilling though.

It's entertaining enough. While theres lots of rids suitable for kids, and everything is aimed at kids, there's surprisingly not much not suitable for adults. It's obviously devoid of anything actually thrilling though.
To be honest, I'm not much of a thrill seeker.
If there was a park full of dark rides I would be in my element :)

Just visit on a term time weekday if possible as Legoland when crowded is not so great.

There is a decent amount that is interesting, Miniland of course is great to look at. Laser Raiders is a reasonable dark ride and the Dragon coaster is fun. There are no thrill rides but also there isn't many rides that exclude adults either except for driving school. Oh I did love the boating school though!

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not much of a thrill seeker.
If there was a park full of dark rides I would be in my element :)
If this is the case, then I’d honestly struggle to think of a better UK park for you than Legoland. The park has 5 dark rides, and the quality of those is pretty good too; Sky Lion and Ninjago are excellent dark rides, Haunted House Monster Party is good fun, and while it’s years since I’ve ridden Atlantis and I’ve never ridden Laser Raiders (to my memory), I’m sure they’re great too!

I went last year with my 70-year old parents. They are not into thrill rides so it was ideal for them. My dad really enjoyed Flight of the Sky Lion and Haunted House Monster Party and my mum and I did Coastguard HQ which was a laugh. Definitely worth a visit I'd say especially if you haven't been in a long time, just make sure to pick an off-peak day!

Minor bit of news for Legoland. They've just added an AR experience to Miniland.
You can use your phones to scan scenes and play a few minigame. Things like rescuing sheep from the French mountains and repairing the sprinkler system at the cricket grounds.
That sounds like quite a good idea for younger people.