• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Here for a final ride on Viking River Splash since it closes for good after this weekend. Though it hasn't been open since Tuesday it finally opened today at 4pm for last hour so now has a big queue of people getting there last ride

Has anyone been Legoland today to see what the first stages of Viking River Splash demolition looks like?

Wondering if whole of Land of Vikings is closed off now.

The whole of Legoland is closed off now... it's a closed day 😄

Actually, I was there today and there's a lot of work going on for the projects that are already in progress. So I'd be surprised if much happened at Vikings. But I didn't actually check.

I imagine it’s shut now as it’s the end of the holidays and easy to close it now and save the money, than continue to spend on maintenance and staffing. I bet nothing will happen until closed season, as it’s definitely a big ride and area to demolish

With the other ongoing construction projects (golf,coasters & lodges), I imagine Viking River Splash will remain SBNO for the rest of this year at least.

I imagine next year is the earliest we could see activity happening in the area, however I doubt we will see anything new on that site until 2026 at the earliest.

Anyone there today app currently showing all rides temporarily closed apart from 4 we are due to visit Friday but seen there having alot of problems

There was a thunder storm at that time. Literally right at the point you were on the app based on the time stamp.

Ah thanks Tim seen alot of people moaning online about ride availability last few days and was considering changing plans as we have just got AP so making most of them now before closing

Reactions: Tim
Home from 3 days at Legoland. Not much to report other than:

- Monster Street is a really cute free addition! Absolutely a must do for the children! I've seen some criticism for the Brick or Treat Event however, was definitely lots to see and do around the park & hotels, son loved it.
- We had an E-Stop on Flight of the Sky Lion... someone came in through an exit door mid-ride and was in a restricted area. We were on the middle floor and probably spent about 10mins stuck facing a frozen screen before they managed to get us spun back around. Ride went down for about 20mins after this.
- Bought son a £8+ Hotdog at Treads Tuning, took said Hotdog out the packet & it completely disintegrated 🤣 we were given a replacement but that wasn't much better! Hotel food was well presented & a good choice on the menu (plus Halloween specials) We've not experienced any Aramark horrors this season fortunately!
- The night show at the lake was far superior to daytime - great lighting and effects package, only truly appreciated it after dark! The performers had been on all day and gave just as much at 7pm as they did earlier on in the day, both face and fur!
- Legoland playroom is an absolute Godsend if you're staying at the hotels! It's actually really peaceful, lots to do, nice little coffee bar and even a sensory space - that said, without the sensory space it would still be fantastic for children who have additional needs; my youngest was glued to the Creature Creator where he makes a fish to swim on the main screen! Would love to see versions of this rolled out across other UK park hotels as an alternative to the more loud, chaotic and imposing entertainment on site 😂
- We really enjoyed the new golf! There's some nice theming, a little clinical feel overall but still charming, cool interactive elements on a few of the holes - we had fun! In the cafe/seating areas, there are some slanted free build tables so you can create your own mini golf course with lego and the ball rolls through it - my son spent about an hour playing on them! (I have made a vlog specifically covering Brick or Treat/Golf but when I say I have -10000 enthusiasm to finish editing it, that's an understatement 😂)

All in all, a successful visit!

Attachments

• 20231012_125919-01.jpeg
    20231012_125919-01.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231012_173337-01.jpeg
    20231012_173337-01.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231012_085406-01.jpeg
    20231012_085406-01.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 48
  • VideoCapture_20231016-204552-01.jpeg