• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

That's a shame to hear, hopefully they ditch that fairly quickly if the queues are as short as you say, especially if it's already hitting 10 minutes on opening day.

I suspect the location and nature of the park mean people tend to head to it first and then not go back.
Yeah, it will be a shame if they keep the RAP system like that for the whole season.

Looks like a lot of people are riding it on the way down and then that is it. It is in a bit of a weird location. Personally I wouldn't go to it from the bottom of the park and then go back to the bottom to do other rides. Maybe most will only ride it again if they just happen to be leaving the park that way.

Yeah, it will be a shame if they keep the RAP system like that for the whole season.

Looks like a lot of people are riding it on the way down and then that is it. It is in a bit of a weird location. Personally I wouldn't go to it from the bottom of the park and then go back to the bottom to do other rides. Maybe most will only ride it again if they just happen to be leaving the park that way.

We tend to go out that way via the 4D cinema so will probably save it for the end of the day, although having to rely on a slot might hinder that. Having two major rides at opposite ends of the park on tricky to obtain timed slots isn't particularly RAP friendly.

We tend to go out that way via the 4D cinema so will probably save it for the end of the day, although having to rely on a slot might hinder that. Having two major rides at opposite ends of the park on tricky to obtain timed slots isn't particularly RAP friendly.
Which is the other ride? Used to be the same for Skylion but it is no longer in place for that ride.

I assume that Ambulant RAP use the Reserve and Ride entrance?
Actually, from memory there are no steps to get onto the ride so all can use the same queue. There are steps to leave the ride but there is a lift available for non ambulant to get down.

Which is the other ride? Used to be the same for Skylion but it is no longer in place for that ride.

Oh really? It was in February, that’ll be amazing if it’s no longer the case 😃

I imagine they’ll switch them back at some point considering the respective queue times and throughput

Oh really? It was in February, that’ll be amazing if it’s no longer the case 😃

I imagine they’ll switch them back at some point considering the respective queue times and throughput
Yep, defo changed. Although they like to keep RAP users on their toes so they will probably randomly change it back again eventually.

Today I visited Legoland To experience their brand new duelling coasters, Mini-Figure Speedway.

They are an interesting bunch of coasters, fun, enjoyable and have a bit of a kick to them. Certainly one of the park’s stronger recent investments and much higher capacity than what they replaced. Allstars (red track) was the better side for me.

My only real faults are that the landscaping leaves something to be desired (no Max & Moritz) and batching was done akin to mandrill mayhem, where they weren’t loading the airgates until the train was practically back.

Rest of the park is a mixed bag really. Dragon is looking great and the best it has in years, but some other parts of the park are looking in need of TLC. Atlantis just had a tarp over it and Viking River Splash is still sitting there abandoned, which isn’t great given it’s prominent location.

Food offering at the park is just awful now, with the only main eateries open on low peak being Burger Kitchen and Pizza & Pasta. My friend’s burger was an absolute overpriced hunk of junk and it makes me miss Crossed Ribs & Knights Table, which were both vastly superior. The magical desserts place was nice though, even if a little pricey.

Last edited:
I do not understand why the parks seem to have lowered the number of available eateries (as well as the general quality).

The one in the castle always smelt so good.
I think the way the park sees it, people have to eat so they will just eat with what ever is open, meaning the park still makes the same money but they save a lot of money by having outlets closed or not in use.

Lego used to have quite a few different outlets but it does seem not a lot have gone or have been turned into generic outlets such as the castle place, which when I went in last season was just an ice cream shop with a giant wall across the restaurant to make it smaller

I think the way the park sees it, people have to eat so they will just eat with what ever is open, meaning the park still makes the same money but they save a lot of money by having outlets closed or not in use.

Lego used to have quite a few different outlets but it does seem not a lot have gone or have been turned into generic outlets such as the castle place, which when I went in last season was just an ice cream shop with a giant wall across the restaurant to make it smaller
It's important to note that control has been lost somewhat by the parks since Aramark took residence. Yes of course there must be clauses in contracts etc. - Aramark couldn't just close all outlets (and of course wouldn't, as it'd be a loss of revenue..!), but I suspect that if Aramark decide to close one outlet on a day for whatever reason, there's not much the parks can do about it

My only real faults are that the landscaping leaves something to be desired (no Max & Moritz) and batching was done akin to mandrill mayhem, where they weren’t loading the airgates until the train was practically back.
That’s a bit odd, opening weekend they were letting people in to the air gates as soon as the trains had passed through the station after the first lift (meaning no discernible impact on capacity). Could that be because it was an off peak day?

Anyone know why they've changed the name of Mia's Riding Adventure?

Standard Merlin, only have to scroll down a few lines to the "Build your Day" and they've left it as Mia.

I assume it's to tie into the LEGO Friends branding somehow - https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/autumn-s-horse-stable-41745

Looking through the opening hours, they close at 5:00pm every day for the rest of the season, even in July and August.

Does anyone know, is this more of a case of advertising early closes but in reality, it’ll get extended every day, or are they actually closing at 5 even when busy?

Reactions: Tom